The primary purpose of a profile is to inform readers about a living person, a place visited, or an event attended. For this assignment, choose a place that you have visited. For example, your profile might describe a local business, restaurant, or landmark; your backyard garden; a foreign country; a recent duty station; a specific airport, train, or bus terminal, your child’s classroom, a museum, a sports arena, or field, etc.
To potentially receive full credit, you should:
Write a profile essay in which you describe your selected place. Reminder: an essay should contain an introduction, body, and conclusion.
Include a thesis statement at the end of the introduction that focuses on some aspect of the place that the reader will find intriguing or unusual.
Rely on showing via sensory impressions (sights, sounds, tastes, smells, and tactile sensations) rather than telling. Hint: use action verbs (i.e., explode, roared, bloomed, ran, etc.) rather than passive verbs of being (i.e., is, was, were, are, etc.)
Bring attention to the uniqueness of the place, showing what is remarkable about it.
Present a portrait of the place through a specific angle of vision. That is, convey a dominant attitude toward the subject, an attitude (i.e., fascination, disgust, amusement, detachment, joy, etc.) that can be implied through details or stated explicitly.
You may need to conduct library research to gather additional information about the place. If you use outside sources, you must give credit to your sources.
If you use your own experiences as support for your thesis, this is fine—and you may use first-person words (I, me, my, mine). This tone is appropriate since you do not want to refer to yourself in the third person.
- Describe 4 ways you can make deposits in other people’s emotional bank accounts.
- Explain Plato Knowledge and Reality and relate to the Socratic method.
- What matters is if the story has TIP CUP values.
- Write a paper explaining patients’ rights as it relates to choice of treatment, consent for treatment, and refusal of treatment.
- What is the legacy of colonialism according to the various authors that we have read (be sure to reference at least three)?
- Write an essay on why qualifying with your weapon is important in the army/military.
- Describe the internal and external criticism that is used to evaluate middle range theories”.
- Discuss the types of behaviors that are typically exhibited by a facilitator in team meetings.
- Describe a scene (specific place) you remember from your childhood.
- Explain how Peter Funt builds an argument to persuade his audience that the digital age is making it more difficult to preserve one’s memories.