1) a. According to the author, how (and why) did mothers become excluded from the ranks of “productive citizens”? b. What is the economic importance of mothering?
Zuboff: “In the Age of the Smart Machine”
2) a. Zuboff examines pulp and paper mills in the process of transitioning to new computer-based technologies. What were the major shifts in the type of skills workers needed that came with the change? b. How did the workers tend to respond to these changes?
The reading is Crittenden: “How Mothers’ Work Was ‘Disappeared:’ The Invention of the Unproductive Housewife”
- Evolution of Fire Academies Post ‘America Burning Essay
- The Crucial Role of Communication in Sports Teamwork Research
- Comparative Analysis of NFL Protests and Civil Rights Activism Research
- Navigating the Requirements and Trends in Intelligence and Security Employment Analysis
- The Bloods Gang: History, Symbols, and Impact on American Society Essay
- Balancing Social Influence and Evidence-Based Policies Essay
- Unveiling the Truth Behind Imaginative Stereotypes Research
- Analyzing the Disillusionment with the American Dream in Arthur Miller’s ‘Death of a Salesman Essay
- Exploring Themes of Resilience and Education in ‘The Children’s Blizzard’ by Melanie Benjamin Essay
- Diplomacy, Laissez-Faire Capitalism, and the ‘Empire of Liberty’ Research