Short Essay on Topic
Consisting of a brief description / overview of topic, illustrating its importance for social scientific inquiry, putting topic in historical and/or contemporary cultural contexts, and specific questions to be examined in the completed paper (research question/s); needs citations and list of references;
max. 1,000 words. APA7 Formatting
To be able to complete this task, a preliminary review of the (academic and ‘grey’) literature is necessary; this helps to narrow the topic down and develop a focus (also regarding geography / location, time period, or comparative).
Childhood Trauma and Subsequent Delinquency: A Review of Contemporary and Alternative Initiatives To Break the Link(s).
Thompson Nicola region of British Columbia, Canada
(cities and towns in this region to focus on : Merritt, Lower Nicola, Logan Lake, Ashcroft)
Compare the systemic issues around deliquency experienced in the Thompson Nicola region to the Central Okanagan Region (cities and towns in this region to focus on: Kelowna/West Kelowna, Vernon, Penticton)
Make sure to identify that the Thompson Nicola is a smaller geographical region of British Columbia that has 5 Aboriginal Indian Bands in addition to Metis Aboriginals where as the Central Okanagan Region has far higher population and geographical region with less Indian Bands.
Identify the lack of youth programs offered in the Thompson Nicola region compared to the Central Okanagan Region.
Utilize social theories of crime/criminology as well as Social Bond Theory by Hirschi and Differential Association Theory by Sutherland, also touch on “the boredum factor” leading to deviancy.
DO NOT TALK ABOUT CHILDHOOD TRAUMA CAUSING DELINQUINCY!! stay away from causality.
Focus on how to build resiliency through youth programs and youth outreach centers through cultural appropriation and neutral cultural programs as well.
Make sure to discuss how delinquincy is measured. Stay on the topic of Delinquincy, do not delve into Criminality.
Attempt to use around 10-30 sources.
- Compare and contrast how your peers’ approach to the informatics solution proposed is alike or different than the approach you recommended in your major of study.
- Describe both the article and how/ why you can relate to it in terms of your own experiences of race and ethnicity to your classmates.
- Critically discuss principles and concepts of governance and suggest practical ways to improve health and reduce inequalities using good governance.
- Discuss how the internet is used to influence terrorism, extremism and radicalization.
- Describe in detail some of Goodman’s observations regarding key incidents or illustrations of how ‘race’ takes center stage in California prisons (and in these reception centers).
- Discuss similarities and differences between this and the government intervention in the financial crisis of 2008, depicted in the film, “Too Big to Fail.”
- Write an analytical paper on information systems & technological innovations.
- Describe your thoughts on how Mac and PC users would spend their money differently and what they would value when making a choice (i.e., psychographic & behavioral characteristics).
- Explain how your intervention enhances the patient, family, or group experience.
- Explain how you believe a sustainable leader impacts the reality of these statistics in a meaningful way?