You are the new HR leader for a small manufacturing firm located in the Midwest. During your interview, the owner of the company expressed an urgent need for a complete staffing review, since a substantial amount of technical change had occurred at the plant over the past decade without regard to the job description or the requirements of the position.
Establishing the proper staffing process is important to reaching a successful outcome. You must have a firm understanding of how you will accomplish the task of reviewing the actions and behaviors of each role and/or position within the organization. The owner of the manufacturing firm has asked for a structured four-section report explaining how the project will be accomplished and where the process will begin. With the concerns of the owner in mind, you will develop a detailed report, defining the process, the reasoning for conducting the job analysis, the resulting job design, and the performance evaluation process for each position and/or role within the organization.
Your project must be designed in such a way that it is understandable to both administrators and subordinates and comprehensive in the results.
Section 1 – Job Analysis: (Three to four pages and two credible and professional resources, in addition to the course textbooks). Use keywords and HRM language that are connected to each of the section areas:
Part 1 – Explain your reasoning for the purpose of the job analysis and the relationship to individual needs and corporate strategy. Evaluate why it is important to perform a job analysis for the positions within the organization.
Part 2 – Describe an analysis tool that would be most appropriate for this particular position. Explain the reasoning for your selection and your desired outcomes. Indicate the type of information that will be delivered via the analysis tool.
Part 3 – Identify specific external resources available to HR and explain how they will be used to provide occupational data and descriptors.
Part 4 – Summarize the assumed data to be defined during the job analysis. Explain why the content is important to job design and performance evaluation.
Section 2 – Job Design: (Three to four pages and two credible and professional resources, in addition to the course textbooks).
Part 1 – Create a job description for the organization based on the proposed data delivered in Section 1. Specifically identify each section of the job description.
In addition, defend the importance of each to the selection process. This should be a description of the template, not a job description for a specific job.
Part 2 – Explain how the required employment and labor laws, Bona Fide Occupational Qualification (BFOQ), America with Disabilities Act (ADA), Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), are incorporated into the job description. Evaluate how the organization will account for the deployment of these laws.
Part 3 – Explain why the chosen design is appropriate for the organization based on your research.
Section 3 – Performance Appraisal: (Three to four pages and two credible and professional resources, in addition to the course textbooks).
Part 1 – Explain the purpose and intended outcomes of a performance appraisal. Evaluate the proposed job description (Section 2) and describe how the elements of the job description will be measured.
Part 2 – Develop a performance appraisal using the measurable actions defined within the job description.
Part 3 – Explore the challenges and opportunities that a performance appraisal adds to the overall job analysis and design process.
Section 4 – Summary
Provide an overall summary of the proposed structure for the staffing review as requested by the owner of the organization. Briefly describe each section of the plan.
In addition, defend why your choices will provide the information needed for a successful outcome.
The Discovery and Design final paper
Must be 10 to 12 double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA Style
(Links to an external site.)
as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA Formatting for Microsoft Word
(Links to an external site.)
Must include a separate title page with the following:
Title of project in bold font
Space should appear between the title and the rest of the information on the title page.
Name of institution (University of Arizona Global Campus)
Course name and number
- Choose two of the three following prompts for your midterm response.
- The purpose of this assignment is to reflect on the passion narratives, specifically, how do the events in the final week of Jesus’ life inform Christian life today?
- Week 7 Critical Thinking Assignment- Cody
- “The exclusion of any group – whether on the basis of gender, class, sexual orientation, religion or race- involves cultural definitions of the members of that group as less than fully human.” (Bunch 1995, 12) Critically discuss.
- Analyzing Published Research
- Are gross motor skills associated with social functioning in autistic children
- how Walt Disney organized people (managed them) and how he influenced these people (led them) to reach organizational objectives
- Build on your work with your business model canvas by discussing the patterns, the design, and the overall business strategy that it illustrates.
- Freelancer needed to retype words in jpeg to word document and covert to PDF file interested person inbox via link: https://t.me/Veronicasamuya
- A brief summary identifying the consequences of academic integrity violations