MINI CASE: WHAT IS THE BEST ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE FOR THE ROYAL DUTCH/SHELL GROUP? (Chapter 10, p. 258-259)
Dutch Shell p.l.c. is one of the six “supermajor” oil and gas
companies. Shell is unique for its organizational structure and its
global presence. It was characterized as one of the world’s three most
international organizations. Shell’s organizational structure is very
complex. It comprises four types of companies: the parent companies, the
group holding companies, the service companies, and the operating
companies. Shell created a tri-dimensional matrix structure known as the
Shell Matrix, which had functions, regions, and sectors. In 1995, a
radical reorganization of Shell was announced. The new structure
represented the move from a geographically-based company to a business
sector-based firm. The restructuring also included:
The elimination of more than 1,000 corporate positions.
The sale of a vast majority of its headquarters.
The redesign of its coordination and control systems.
Content: Questions to be answered in your paper:
What are some advantages and disadvantages of the Shell Matrix?
Why do you think Shell has undergone so much organizational restructuring?
How would you decide what would be Shell’s best organizational structure?
Requirements of the assignment:
References:All papers must use a minimum of 3 sources. The textbook is as one acceptable source.
References and Citations must be provided (if a reference is listed, it must be used as a citation).
APA: All papers must follow all APA requirements. (10% deduction if not)
Paper Length: 2 page minimum/3 page maximum paper length.
Title page and reference pages are required. However, they do not count towards any page count.
Writing should reflect an understanding of the chapter’s basic
concepts, thorough research, and logic and critical thinking skills.
The introduction is attention getting with sufficient background
information to establish the topic and a clear thesis statement.
The conclusion summarizes the main points and leaves the reader with a
strong comprehension of the paper’s significance and the author’s
Grammatically correct – No spelling, grammar, or mechanics errors.
- The proposal: Exploting Sustainable Agriculture
- Discussion Post 4
- Analysis of the novel All The Light We Cannot See
- ANALYSE AND IDEATE A2: Individual Report (Jason 17/04/2023)
- Describe the implications of the proposed intervention to nursing education and practice.
- Written Response to Full-Class Reading/Viewing Assignment #2
- compare and contrast essay
- Medical Report Composition
- Find a post (or post a link to) a concept of Communication in Film (photo, short video, brief piece of writing, song, etc –that no one else in the class has posted to the blog yet) related to dealing with coronavirus. You may write about films, songs, etc dealing with isolation, exile, and illness. No two posts can be identical.
- Child Psychology