Your essay should be 1500 words in length excluding footnotes and bibliography (10 per cent variation above or below this is acceptable).
Your essay should be fully referenced in the Chicago A referencing style with a bibliography attached (please note that you are expected to write annotations below three of the sources listed).
It is recommended that you use at least five academic, scholarly sources (not websites) to inform your essay. It is very difficult to produce work that covers a topic in the requisite depth and breadth if less than this amount of source material is used. If you are aiming for higher levels of achievement, it is recommended that you undertake additional research and incorporate it actively into your essay.
In the bibliography, list at least five different sources of information. Underneath three sources, write a brief (two or three sentences will be sufficient in most cases) discussion of the value and/or limitations of each of the sources consulted.
Broome, R. Aboriginal Australians. A History since 1788. 4th ed. Sydney: Allen & Unwin, 2010. [ebook; Chapter 2: The Eora confront the
Clark, M. and S. K. May (Eds). Macassan History and Heritage. Journeys, Encounters and Influences. Canberra: ANU Press, 2013.
[ebook, several chapters are relevant.]
Dunn, M. The Convict Valley. The Bloody Struggle on Australia’s Early Frontier. Sydney: Allen & Unwin, 2020 [ebook, chapter 2: First
Jebb, M. A. and Malcolm Allbrook, ‘First contacts.’ In Making Australian History. Perspectives on the Past since 1788. Edited by Deborah
Gare and David Ritter, 78–87. Cengage Learning Australia, 2008.
Karskens, G. People of the River. Lost worlds of early Australia. Crows Nest: Allen & Unwin, 2020 [Chapter 4: Contact and Crossings,
- Literacy Integration
- Care Coordination at the End-of-Life
- How do divergent immigration statuses (undocumented, lawful immigrant, U.S. citizen) among family members affect family relationships?
- Unit 3 Learning Strategies Powerpoint
- Variable Sales Forecast Model
- Integral theory
- Nature of Libraries and information science
- Acute Stress, Grief and Trauma –
- Organizational chart and Stakeholder relationship diagram
- Which of these stories stood out to you the most? Why? What are you still curious or confused about?