And the attached reading
This week’s discussion question will be, “Why should we care about the impending extinction of local languages?”
In roughly 150-200 words, citing specific examples from the readings from Baker, Dixon, and Crystal, explain the value of local languages. By “local,” I mean the nonstandard forms of language, particularly those that aren’t represented by any state authority, which are generally geographically limited in their distribution. These are sometimes called “languages,” sometimes called “dialects,” largely on the basis of social or political considerations, not linguistic ones. You will not receive full credit for participation if you do not address the material covered in the readings, citing them by the author and page numbers.
You will also be expected to offer a response to one of your classmates. This can take the form of a counterpoint (disagreeing with your classmate’s position, and offering evidence to the contrary), or a supporting argument (offering additional information to support the claim of your classmate). For this response, you need not be limited to the material covered in this week’s readings.
I look forward to your responses.
- Write a 1500-2000 word research proposal (approx. 5-8 pages) in which you will develop a research question based on the theoretical insights of one of the theorists we are learning about.
- Based on your interactions with the health care system, describe which model reflects the prevailing processes in your country.
- Work on a plan to advise an agency or organization or a community or a business on how to be more trauma-informed – and why it will be helpful. Think more deeply about how you can apply what we are covering in this introductory course into your own personal experience.
- Write an essay on “Putting Up with Hate is One Price of Free Speech” Make an argument either for or against “outrageous” speech being protected under the First Amendment. 1443358 4 hours ago Please write using simple words
- Write an essay reporting your efforts to find evidence of facilitative communicative acts in the recorded history of a group of people who worked on a project that eventually turned out to be highly successful. Describe and analyze 5 acts from the article by Raffi Khatchadourian, “We Know How You Feel,” that could be facilitative communicative acts that demonstrate why or how the team was successful.
- Prepare a planning sheet for Physical for toddlers, Teaching goal and Context area(whole child).
- Summarize seperately the following link into your own words.
- What is the claim related to globalization that you are choosing for your final paper?
- Demonstrate a critical awareness of research-based frameworks about learning
- Write a term paper discussing about cognitive maps as learning strategy.