Explain how Washington Irving’s short stories, “The Legend of Sleepy Hollow” and “Rip Van Winkle” represent a literary example of romanticism in the way his fiction conveys a sense of nostalgia for an older, more pre-modern society. What similar or dissimilar literary themes do each of these tales convey about the dramatic changes that occurred, in American society, during the 1820’s? What changes and transformations do his tales seem to bemoan? How might his tales be seen as a reaction to and criticism of the legacy of the Enlightenment (i.e. Franklin, etc.)? Feel free to focus your essay on the significant differences and similarities between Ichabod Crane and Rip Van Winkle as characters as a way to address this prompt.
* 5-6 pages double-spaced
* Must contain a thesis statement with body paragraphs that support your argument and interpretation
* Must be argumentative rather than summative
* Must incorporate a minimum of 10 citations (direct quotes) from the texts examined.
* Must provide documentation and a works cited page for any outside recourses used other than the textbook
* Must provide parenthetical references (i.e. pages numbers) for all quotes
* Must use proper MLA formatting rules
* Must be submitted as a .doc or .docx file
- Write a paper on the Madisonian Model of American Government.
- Write a paper on “How one defines what a person is or when human life begins determines one’s bioethical views on major issues such as abortion, IVF, embryonic stem cell research, and euthanasia.”
- Write a paper on how Critical analysis can be understood as the practice or process of breaking down and examining arguments presented in text or speech and assessing their viability.
- What is the prevalence of acute malnutrition between children 6–59 months of age living at Mifolni refugee camp? What are the major factors that could be associated with acute malnutrition in the camp?
- Write a Final Review Essay on Cone’s The Cross and the Lynching Tree
- Write a paper on the principles with which the website will be designed so that it is pedagogically effective in teaching students the history of Black female mathematicians.
- Knowledge and competencies of an enrollment management professional.
- What are the effects of Bullying and Mental Health.
- WRITE AN ESSAY AMERICAN NATIONAL GOVERNMENT
- Write an essay on the Children taking antipsychtics not prescribed by a mental health provider.