Listen to the 17-minute episode from the On the Media podcast titled “Waiting For a Gamechanger.” It features an interview with organic chemist Derrek Lowe on the media reporting of so-called “gamechanger drugs.” Here is the link:
Write up each answer in 2-3 sentences.
1. What are the problems with the Gilead study?
2. Why are the media so quick to report on its findings?
3. What are the fallacies embedded in the “cure narrative”?
4. What have you learned about the research of viral cures and vaccines? How does this make you feel about the COVID-19 vaccines that are currently available?
Assignment 2. Extreme Heat: The silent killer
Listen to the first 20 minutes of the Climate One podcast episode “Extreme Heat: The Silent Killer”. It features an interview with Senior VP and Director Kathy Baughman-McLeod of the Adrienne Arsht-Rockefeller Foundation Resilience Center.
Answer the following questions:
1. Why does heat not get much attention in the media or consideration in economic impact assessments?
2. What kind of uncertainty factors into this silence on the health consequences of heat?
3. Baughman-McLeod proposes an insurance program for cities that kicks in based on the trigger of an event (i.e. the weather forecast of heat), rather than the heat event itself, so as to make funds available in preparation of a natural catastrophe, rather than after the damage. What role does probabilistic uncertainty play in this type of program? If you were working for this type of insurer, how would you deal with this uncertainty?
- Write a paper on the Madisonian Model of American Government.
- Write a paper on “How one defines what a person is or when human life begins determines one’s bioethical views on major issues such as abortion, IVF, embryonic stem cell research, and euthanasia.”
- Write a paper on how Critical analysis can be understood as the practice or process of breaking down and examining arguments presented in text or speech and assessing their viability.
- What is the prevalence of acute malnutrition between children 6–59 months of age living at Mifolni refugee camp? What are the major factors that could be associated with acute malnutrition in the camp?
- Write a Final Review Essay on Cone’s The Cross and the Lynching Tree
- Write a paper on the principles with which the website will be designed so that it is pedagogically effective in teaching students the history of Black female mathematicians.
- Knowledge and competencies of an enrollment management professional.
- What are the effects of Bullying and Mental Health.
- WRITE AN ESSAY AMERICAN NATIONAL GOVERNMENT
- Write an essay on the Children taking antipsychtics not prescribed by a mental health provider.