Most states require secondary students to pass standardized assessments in English language arts and math. Teachers are instrumental in their students success in standardized testing situations. It is the responsibility of teachers to properly prepare students and the testing environment before tests are administered. The purpose of this assignment is to analyze standardized testing to improve student performance and confidence.
Research a state standardized assessment for secondary students. Create a 10-12 slide digital presentation for new teachers explaining required assessments in your state, including the following:
Describe the universal testing conditions required or allowed.
Explain the accommodations permitted and how you will implement the accommodations to meet the needs of students with IEPs and 504s, and English language learners.
Explain how to prepare the classroom to maximize student confidence and success.
Locate sample or practice tests and explain how they could be implemented in a classroom. (Include links and resources.)
Provide 2-3 examples of instructional activities to prepare students for testing based on their intellectual, social, and emotional developmental needs.
Describe how student interest and prior knowledge will be utilized in preparing students for testing.
Identify challenges that can be anticipated in testing preparation and implementation. How would you prepare for the unexpected?
Title slide, reference slide, and presenter notes.
Support your work with 2-3 credible resources.
APA format is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- Develop a plan for recruitment, selection, and retention of employees.
- Explain the different aspects or types of this concept and/or how the term is related to other concepts.
- Response Plan for WMD Attack in Your Local Community.
- Describe Cultural Awareness/sensitivity in healthcare.
- Identify an area of technology that needs to be improved in your hospital, complete a gap analysis and present your findings with goals for improvement.
- Reflect on the relationship between the health policies and the top three health priorities outlined in the CHAP.
- Take a virtual tour any black history/Civil Rights/black art museum of your choosing.
- Describe Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology.
- What variation in the number and kind of aggression (e.g. physical, relational, manipulative, etc.) did you observe?
- Write a research paper outlining the five main purposes of case management.