Global Partnership: Computation of deferred taxes under IFRS is slightly different from GAAP. For example, in the United Kingdom (which follows IFRS), companies use the crystallization approach. An equivalent concept in the United states is “realization.”
The concept underlying this “crystallization” approach is that companies recognize deferred income taxes only if the taxes are expected to crystallize. Therefore, if a liability is deferred indefinitely, then the present value of that liability is zero. No deferred tax liability is recognized if the accumulated deferred tax amount is expected to increase each year, thereby delaying indefinitely the ultimate liquidation of this obligation.
1. Compare and contrast the theory behind the “crystallization” approach with the inter-period allocation approach used in the United States.
2. How might this same concept be applied to the recognition of liability for accounts payable? That is, if accounts payable are expected to increase each year, should the crystallization concept apply to this liability? Why or why not?
3. How reasonable does this approach seem? Explain.
- Describe the various methods advertisers use to segment and aggregate markets.
- Discuss the prognosis for a child born who is afflicted with the developmental problem that you choose to talk about.
- Compare the importance of infrastuture on both country.
- Explain how Steinbeck uses the chrysanthemums as a symbol (perhaps both cultural and contextual?) that provides insight into Elisa.
- Explain if you plan to conduct a regression analysis or correlation or t-test, and the measurements you plan to use You will be utilizing descriptive analysis and using descriptive statistics within Data Analysis in Excel (mean, median, standard deviation analysis, minimum, maximum).
- What factors might promote or slow down brain development?
- Compare and contrast the various leadership styles and evaluate how such styles can impact employee performance.
- Write an example of Jewish or Early Christian Art, formally analyze the artistic developments based on the following: materials, composition, color, spatial qualities, etc.
- Explain how you would introduce this topic to catch the audience’s attention and keep them engaged in the presentation.
- Describe something you learned from the documentary and how that impacted you.