This assignment is intended to give you an opportunity to strengthen your skills in gathering and analyzing business-related information. It provides a deeper understanding of how companies can look at globalization as part of their strategic and operational plans. The assignment has two parts: one focused on information research and analysis, and the other is on applied analytics.
“How Netflix Expanded to 190 Countries in 7 Years” from Harvard Business Review
Call Center Waiting Time
Part 1: Globalization and Information Research
Context:Companies that perform well in their country of origin usually consider expanding operations in new international markets. Deciding where, how, and when to expand is not an easy task, though.
Many issues need to be considered before crafting an expansion strategy and investing significant resources to this end, including:
the level of demand to be expected for the companys products/services
presence of local competitors
the regulatory, economic, demographic, and political environments
Carefully researching and analyzing these and other factors can help mitigate the inherent risk associated with an overseas expansion strategy, thus increasing the likelihood of success.
As a data analyst in your companys business development department, youve been tasked with the responsibility of recommending countries for international expansion. Youll write a report to the companys executive team with your research, analysis, and recommendations.
Write a clear, concise but complete summary covering the following items:
According to the article listed above, what were the most important strategic moves that propelled Netflixs successful international expansion?
The article mentions investments in big data and analytics as one of the elements accompanying the second phase of overseas expansion. Why was this investment important? What type of information did Netflix derive from the data collected?
According to the article, what is exponential globalization?
Not all international expansion strategies are a resounding success, however. Research an article or video that discusses an instance in which an American companys expansion efforts in another country failed. According to the article/video you selected, what were the main reasons for this failure? Do you agree with this assessment?
Explain some of the reasons why certain companies expansion plans have failed in the past.
Submit you analysis in a Word document following APA formatting rules.
Part 2: Hypothesis testing
Context:Your organization is evaluating the quality of its call center operations. One of the most important metrics in a call center is Time in Queue (TiQ), which is the time a customer has to wait before he/she is serviced by a Customer Service Representative (CSR). If a customer has to wait for too long, he/she is more likely to get discouraged and hang up. Furthermore, customers who have to wait too long in the queue typically report a negative overall experience with the call. Youve conducted an exhaustive literature review and found that the average TiQ in your industry is 2.5 minutes (150 seconds).
Another important metric is Service Time (ST), also known as Handle Time, which is the time a CSR spends servicing the customer. CSRs with more experience and deeper knowledge tend to resolve customer calls faster. Companies can improve average ST by providing more training to their CSRs or even by channeling calls according to area of expertise. Last month your company had an average ST of approximately 3.5 minutes (210 seconds). In an effort to improve this metric, the company has implemented a new protocol that channels calls to CSRs based on area of expertise. The new protocol (PE) is being tested side-by-side with the traditional (PT) protocol.
Access the Call Center Waiting Time file. Each row in the database corresponds to a different call. The column variables are as follows:
ProtocolType: indicates protocol type, either PT or PE
QueueTime: Time in Queue, in seconds
ServiceTime: Service Time, in seconds
Perform a test of hypothesis to determine whether the average TiQ is lower than the industry standard of 2.5 minutes (150 seconds). Use a significance level of =0.05.
Evaluate if the company should allocate more resources to improve its average TiQ.
Perform a test of hypothesis to determine whether the average ST with service protocol PE is lower than with the PT protocol. Use a significance level of =0.05.
Assess if the new protocol served its purpose. (Hint: this should be a test of means for 2 independent groups.)
Submit your calculations and a 175-word summary of your conclusions.
Submit your assignment as a Word document following APA formatting rules. Do not submit the spreadsheet.
- Write a 1500-2000 word research proposal (approx. 5-8 pages) in which you will develop a research question based on the theoretical insights of one of the theorists we are learning about.
- Based on your interactions with the health care system, describe which model reflects the prevailing processes in your country.
- Work on a plan to advise an agency or organization or a community or a business on how to be more trauma-informed – and why it will be helpful. Think more deeply about how you can apply what we are covering in this introductory course into your own personal experience.
- Write an essay on “Putting Up with Hate is One Price of Free Speech” Make an argument either for or against “outrageous” speech being protected under the First Amendment. 1443358 4 hours ago Please write using simple words
- Write an essay reporting your efforts to find evidence of facilitative communicative acts in the recorded history of a group of people who worked on a project that eventually turned out to be highly successful. Describe and analyze 5 acts from the article by Raffi Khatchadourian, “We Know How You Feel,” that could be facilitative communicative acts that demonstrate why or how the team was successful.
- Prepare a planning sheet for Physical for toddlers, Teaching goal and Context area(whole child).
- Summarize seperately the following link into your own words.
- What is the claim related to globalization that you are choosing for your final paper?
- Demonstrate a critical awareness of research-based frameworks about learning
- Write a term paper discussing about cognitive maps as learning strategy.