Prior to beginning this week’s discussion make sure to read “The Job Ghetto” by Katherine Newman. Remember that your response must include at least one quotation from the reading.
Link The Job Ghetto : https://prospect.org/economy/job-ghetto/
1) How does Newman ‘s research into low wage, fast food jobs challenge ideas about this kinds of work? What particular myths did their study dispel?
2) People often refer to working class jobs as “un-skilled” labor. Do you agree with that description or moniker? What skills are required for working a job in fast food?
- The Crucial Role of Communication in Sports Teamwork Research
- Comparative Analysis of NFL Protests and Civil Rights Activism Research
- Navigating the Requirements and Trends in Intelligence and Security Employment Analysis
- The Bloods Gang: History, Symbols, and Impact on American Society Essay
- Balancing Social Influence and Evidence-Based Policies Essay
- Unveiling the Truth Behind Imaginative Stereotypes Research
- Analyzing the Disillusionment with the American Dream in Arthur Miller’s ‘Death of a Salesman Essay
- Exploring Themes of Resilience and Education in ‘The Children’s Blizzard’ by Melanie Benjamin Essay
- Diplomacy, Laissez-Faire Capitalism, and the ‘Empire of Liberty’ Research
- Exploring South Asian American Identity, Activism, and Media Representation in Contemporary Society Essay