The current design is formed and informed by precedents in history, whether as a pastiche, a juxtaposition or an homage. Each student will present a brief Powerpoint document analyzing a current design that demonstrates historical characteristics, stylizations and sensibilities.
Key issues: Demonstrate a clear understanding of key design movements utilizing appropriate design vocabulary; research and application;discover historical eclecticism
You will research by looking at the world and media around you: posters pasted to streetlamps, ads in magazines and newspapers, web design, interiors, product/packaging design
Identify the key characteristics, compositional devices, colour palettes, typographic styles, motifs of your assigned era/movement.
Find an appropriate and CURRENT design application LOCALLY. Do not use Google, Wikipedia or Pinterest for your research (automatic -10%)
Create a PDF document with a title slide, a brief overview of your time period/stylistic movement, and high-resolution images of your historical reference(s) and your current design example.
All images and text referenced MUST BE captioned, credited, dated, and cited.
Here are three examples in pdf.
- Explain why Elkay may have needed a new cost system and why management selected this system quickly?
- Discuss how person or situation factors in the case contributed to the problem.
- Explain what factors and past experiences are motivating you to pursue public service.
- What would be some of the criteria you would use to measure the success of a shift to DevOps practices within a company?
- Define freedom, and within your definition, consider how ignorance, knowledge, and the tools for acquiring knowledge can either lead to freedom or inhibit freedom.
- In what ways do both Calista and Miss Mallard gain freedom, and what does this indicate about their lives?
- What are specific historical incidents that foreshadow current-day problems?
- Compare and contrast the philosophies of Miami Dade College Benjamin Leon School of Nursing and at least one hospital.
- Write an email communicating the company-wide policy (for an imaginary company led by you) on email formatting, content, and etiquette.
- What role does Thaddeus Stevens have in the passage of the amendment.