The current design is formed and informed by precedents in history, whether as a pastiche, a juxtaposition or an homage. Each student will present a brief Powerpoint document analyzing a current design that demonstrates historical characteristics, stylizations and sensibilities.
Key issues: Demonstrate a clear understanding of key design movements utilizing appropriate design vocabulary; research and application;discover historical eclecticism
You will research by looking at the world and media around you: posters pasted to streetlamps, ads in magazines and newspapers, web design, interiors, product/packaging design
Identify the key characteristics, compositional devices, colour palettes, typographic styles, motifs of your assigned era/movement.
Find an appropriate and CURRENT design application LOCALLY. Do not use Google, Wikipedia or Pinterest for your research (automatic -10%)
Create a PDF document with a title slide, a brief overview of your time period/stylistic movement, and high-resolution images of your historical reference(s) and your current design example.
All images and text referenced MUST BE captioned, credited, dated, and cited.
Here are three examples in pdf.
- The proposal: Exploting Sustainable Agriculture
- Discussion Post 4
- Analysis of the novel All The Light We Cannot See
- ANALYSE AND IDEATE A2: Individual Report (Jason 17/04/2023)
- Describe the implications of the proposed intervention to nursing education and practice.
- Written Response to Full-Class Reading/Viewing Assignment #2
- compare and contrast essay
- Medical Report Composition
- Find a post (or post a link to) a concept of Communication in Film (photo, short video, brief piece of writing, song, etc –that no one else in the class has posted to the blog yet) related to dealing with coronavirus. You may write about films, songs, etc dealing with isolation, exile, and illness. No two posts can be identical.
- Child Psychology