The current design is formed and informed by precedents in history, whether as a pastiche, a juxtaposition or an homage. Each student will present a brief Powerpoint document analyzing a current design that demonstrates historical characteristics, stylizations and sensibilities.
Key issues: Demonstrate a clear understanding of key design movements utilizing appropriate design vocabulary; research and application;discover historical eclecticism
You will research by looking at the world and media around you: posters pasted to streetlamps, ads in magazines and newspapers, web design, interiors, product/packaging design
Identify the key characteristics, compositional devices, colour palettes, typographic styles, motifs of your assigned era/movement.
Find an appropriate and CURRENT design application LOCALLY. Do not use Google, Wikipedia or Pinterest for your research (automatic -10%)
Create a PDF document with a title slide, a brief overview of your time period/stylistic movement, and high-resolution images of your historical reference(s) and your current design example.
All images and text referenced MUST BE captioned, credited, dated, and cited.
Here are three examples in pdf.
- Write a 1500-2000 word research proposal (approx. 5-8 pages) in which you will develop a research question based on the theoretical insights of one of the theorists we are learning about.
- Based on your interactions with the health care system, describe which model reflects the prevailing processes in your country.
- Work on a plan to advise an agency or organization or a community or a business on how to be more trauma-informed – and why it will be helpful. Think more deeply about how you can apply what we are covering in this introductory course into your own personal experience.
- Write an essay on “Putting Up with Hate is One Price of Free Speech” Make an argument either for or against “outrageous” speech being protected under the First Amendment. 1443358 4 hours ago Please write using simple words
- Write an essay reporting your efforts to find evidence of facilitative communicative acts in the recorded history of a group of people who worked on a project that eventually turned out to be highly successful. Describe and analyze 5 acts from the article by Raffi Khatchadourian, “We Know How You Feel,” that could be facilitative communicative acts that demonstrate why or how the team was successful.
- Prepare a planning sheet for Physical for toddlers, Teaching goal and Context area(whole child).
- Summarize seperately the following link into your own words.
- What is the claim related to globalization that you are choosing for your final paper?
- Demonstrate a critical awareness of research-based frameworks about learning
- Write a term paper discussing about cognitive maps as learning strategy.