Essay One–Due August 8th at 11:59pm
3 PAGES, DOUBLE SPACED, SIZE 12 TIMES NEW ROMAN
USE TWO OUTSIDE SOURCES (NOT INCLUDING THE TEXT!) AND QUOTE THE PRIMARY TEXTS AS WELL.
REFER TO THE EXAMPLE PAPER FOR MLA GUIDELINES!! LOCATED IN CLASS INFORMATION
Refer to the class blog for outside source info:
Illusion vs. reality is something that comes up in a lot of literature. We saw some in The Great Gatsby. Pick one aspect of a character’s life, whether it be from the past or the present, and explain how he/she uses illusions to distort their reality. Use examples from the texts along with outside sources to support your thesis.
SOME IMPORTANT REMINDERS FOR ALL MLA STYLE PAPERS:
Do not use unreliable sources…for example:
Any site that has example papers and just tells you what to think. USING THIS SITES, OR ANY LIKE THEM, WILL RESULT IN FAILURE.If you are unsure if a site is reliable, email me and firstname.lastname@example.org
NEVER INTRODUCE NEW IDEAS IN YOUR CONCLUSION.
AVOID USING DIRECT QUOTES IN YOUR INTRODUCTION OR CONCLUSION. Sometimes a quote from an outside source is okay if it captures the point of your thesis but avoid quoting primary texts.
You need to include in text quotations and citations from whatever primary texts you are discussing and TWO OUTSIDE SOURCES!
Make a connection between the outside source you are using and your thesis and primary text.
Do not retell the story! Analyze and explain your thesis (which is your main point).
ONLY USE RELIABLE OUTSIDE SOURCES! Do not copy and paste or simply change a few words around from an unreliable source. If it was easy for you to find information to copy and paste from the internet, it’s just as easy for me to find it.
Make sure you get the character’s names right, as well as the author. It comes off as sloppy if you mix up characters or what author wrote what.
Read over your work. Have someone else read over your work. If I wrote on your paper to get help from The Learning Center, do it! Take your paper with you and they can help you out.
“Short Stories” (Quotation Marks)
Novels, Plays and Films (Italics)
Always keep in mind: is this quote proving and supporting my thesis? If not, do not use it!
WITHOUT A WORKS CITED PAGE OR OUTSIDE SOURCES THE PAPER WILL FAIL
- Discuss the ethical considerations relating to surrogate motherhood and contraception.
- How can students improve their reading skill by using Metacognitive strategies
- Describe a quality improvement program you would design in your LTC facility and why you chose that particular measure? Who would you include on your team? Focus on choosing an area that aligns with one of the 6 AIMS.
- Quality and lean operation
- Customer service skills response
- Health Care Ethics Case Studies
- The Maus I&II by Spiegelman begins with Hitler’s quote: “The Jews are undoubtedly a race, but they are not human.”
- Find Trends in Your Profession (My desired profession is HR)
- Hilbert Spaces
- utilitarian argument