After reading The Miseducation of the Negro Ch. 1-4; Answer the following:
Like Woodson, many people today believe that all American children do not have equitable educational opportunities.
Discuss the following questions with your peers:
1. Explain the difference between Equality and Equity.
2. Is the public education system in America fair and does equity exist for all students? Why or why not?
3. Have you noticed inequities in the school facilities in your neighborhood? If so, elaborate on the inequities.
4. Where are the best and worst schools in your state? Does this surprise you? Why or why not?
5. Woodson uses the phrase “educated” to describe Black people who have obtained degrees through US schools. Analyze Woodson’s use of the quotation marks and how this relates to his thesis.
Chapters 1-4; pgs. 1-24
Woodson, C. G. (1999) The Miseducation of the Negro
- Describe in detail, Jerome Hall’s seven principles of criminal law. How does the MPC view of mens rea enhance our understanding of the principles?
- Write an argumentative essay on why NIL is useful for college students.
- Describe the many factors that prevented DeShawn and his mother from seeking help and their resistance to reporting violence in the home.
- Does Diamond’s “Tilted Axes and Spacious Skies” theory satisfactorily explain why the richest economies in the world are located where they are?
- What is your assessment of Diamond’s environmental determinism?
- What are the benefits of Wet Chemical and Dry Chemical Fire Suppression Systems?
- Literacy Integration
- Care Coordination at the End-of-Life
- How do divergent immigration statuses (undocumented, lawful immigrant, U.S. citizen) among family members affect family relationships?
- Unit 3 Learning Strategies Powerpoint