Discuss the development, attributes, and emerging crisis from the French and Indian War to the beginning of the American Revolution.
Key questions: What was the cause, trajectory, and result of the French and Indian War (Seven Year’s War)? What trerritory did Britain and the colonies gain, and what was major problem with the Proclamation of 1763? What were the grievances that colonists had, why was Britian trying to raise money, and what caused the Stamp Act uproar? What happened at the “Boston Massacre” and the “Boston Tea Party,” and what was the reaction of both the British and the colonists? What was the Contental Congress, and what events finally led to war with the clash at Lexington and Concord? What were the strengths and weaknesses of each side?
History Channel The Revolution 01 Boston Bloody Boston
French and Indian War Changes Fate of America YouTube
- Write an article “Why there is a worldwide shortage of vanilla” by C.D. in The Economist.
- What were the most surprising things you learned from this article?
- Write a research essay explaining how one theme in the novel Parable of the Sower by Octavia Butler provides insight into or comments on our contemporary world.
- Write a book review of the insecure city: space, power, and mobility in Beirut.
- What is most important to you about a bank – swag/freebies, customer service, lowest/competitive rates, or ease of online access/app usage?
- Briefly describe other elements of the work(s): the form, the style of language, verisimilitude, and other elements we’ve discussed in class.
- Write a research paper on drug use among first generation college student.
- Explain why Recreational Marijuana Should Be Legal?
- Write a research paper on whether the healthcare should be a fundamental human right.
- Discuss some of the factors that lead to the acceptance of false beliefs as well as some of the factors that lead us to recognize and reject false beliefs.