Social Media’s Effects on Personal Relationships
The grading criteria for this assignment are stated explicitly below. However, you may also want to read the scoring guide for the assignment to better understand the performance levels that relate to each criterion. Contact your instructor if you have any questions.
By successfully completing this assignment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assignment criteria:
Competency 1: Analyze communication processes.
Criterion: Analyze how social media has changed interpersonal communication.
Competency 3: Analyze the influence of social media on individuals and society.
Criterion: Evaluate potential risks associated with the use of social media.
Criterion: Evaluate psychological consequences related to the influence of social media on relationships and parenting.
Competency 4: Evaluate ethics in media communication.
Criterion: Analyze the ethical implications of social media and parenting.
Competency 5: Communicate effectively to diverse audiences in a variety of formats.
Criterion: Write clearly, with correct spelling, grammar, syntax, and good organization, following APA guidelines.
For this assignment, refer to the “Family,” “Friendship, and Romance chapters in the Two Chairs section of the Turkle textbook, Reclaiming Conversation, and also conduct your own research on distracted parenting, as it relates to mobile devices and social media.
Evaluate your findings in a 35 page paper, addressing each of the questions below:
How has social media changed interpersonal communication?
Have mobile devices changed the manner in which parents are engaged with their children?
What are potential psychological and/or safety risks to children of distracted parents?
What are potential psychological consequences to children of distracted parents?
What are relevant emotional, cognitive, and/or neurological factors?
In your conclusion, formulate suggestions for individuals to mitigate potential risks and/or enhance benefits of the use of social media.
Written communication: Must be well-organized and clear, with correct spelling, grammar, and syntax, to support orderly exposition of content.
APA formatting: Must be formatted according to current APA style and formatting guidelines and include a title page and reference list.
Length: 35 typed and double-spaced pages of content, not including the title page and reference page, in Times New Roman, 12-point font.
- Research and Support Material Worksheet
- Discuss and demonstrate professional demeanor in your writing and critical thought throughout your paper.
- Write a paper on Dystopia how food prices are going up.
- Explain how well you support your assertions, did you provide examples, how well did you contextualize the content, and how well did you employ ‘terms of art’.
- Discuss the major points made in the essay and evaluate whether you agree or disagree with the author’s overall conclusion.
- Write a research paper on recognize the relationship of criminal justice system components and processes with society and government.
- Write a research paper on the effects of child abuse within the family.
- Discuss the difference between homologues and analogues structures (including divergent and convergent evolution).
- Is a degree from an online college or university as legitimate as a degree from a brick-and-mortar university?
- Write history books covering any theme in US History from the colonial years through the late 1860s.