Social Media’s Effects on Personal Relationships
The grading criteria for this assignment are stated explicitly below. However, you may also want to read the scoring guide for the assignment to better understand the performance levels that relate to each criterion. Contact your instructor if you have any questions.
By successfully completing this assignment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assignment criteria:
Competency 1: Analyze communication processes.
Criterion: Analyze how social media has changed interpersonal communication.
Competency 3: Analyze the influence of social media on individuals and society.
Criterion: Evaluate potential risks associated with the use of social media.
Criterion: Evaluate psychological consequences related to the influence of social media on relationships and parenting.
Competency 4: Evaluate ethics in media communication.
Criterion: Analyze the ethical implications of social media and parenting.
Competency 5: Communicate effectively to diverse audiences in a variety of formats.
Criterion: Write clearly, with correct spelling, grammar, syntax, and good organization, following APA guidelines.
For this assignment, refer to the “Family,” “Friendship, and Romance chapters in the Two Chairs section of the Turkle textbook, Reclaiming Conversation, and also conduct your own research on distracted parenting, as it relates to mobile devices and social media.
Evaluate your findings in a 35 page paper, addressing each of the questions below:
How has social media changed interpersonal communication?
Have mobile devices changed the manner in which parents are engaged with their children?
What are potential psychological and/or safety risks to children of distracted parents?
What are potential psychological consequences to children of distracted parents?
What are relevant emotional, cognitive, and/or neurological factors?
In your conclusion, formulate suggestions for individuals to mitigate potential risks and/or enhance benefits of the use of social media.
Written communication: Must be well-organized and clear, with correct spelling, grammar, and syntax, to support orderly exposition of content.
APA formatting: Must be formatted according to current APA style and formatting guidelines and include a title page and reference list.
Length: 35 typed and double-spaced pages of content, not including the title page and reference page, in Times New Roman, 12-point font.
- Write a general reflection (there are no pre-determined prompts for this book) on this week’s assigned readings of The Guide For White Women Who Teach Black Boys text.
- Discuss any symbols or constants that you are familiar with, but used in a context you aren’t familiar with.
- What do naturalism and normativism say about the concept of health?
- Write a personal essay for the admissions office of Saint John’s Highschool.
- History: African American History to 1865 Chapter 4,5 and 6 Summary
- Silent Film Age
- After reflecting on the links ( articles and videos), write out the five focus questions one by one (listed below), and under each question write out your answers (write 2-4 typed pages total).
- What are the advantages of alternative assets with regards to Markowitz portfolio theory?
- How might agricultural activities contribute to the greenhouse effect and global warming?
- Pilot Program for PrEp