Social Media’s Effects on Personal Relationships
The grading criteria for this assignment are stated explicitly below. However, you may also want to read the scoring guide for the assignment to better understand the performance levels that relate to each criterion. Contact your instructor if you have any questions.
By successfully completing this assignment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assignment criteria:
Competency 1: Analyze communication processes.
Criterion: Analyze how social media has changed interpersonal communication.
Competency 3: Analyze the influence of social media on individuals and society.
Criterion: Evaluate potential risks associated with the use of social media.
Criterion: Evaluate psychological consequences related to the influence of social media on relationships and parenting.
Competency 4: Evaluate ethics in media communication.
Criterion: Analyze the ethical implications of social media and parenting.
Competency 5: Communicate effectively to diverse audiences in a variety of formats.
Criterion: Write clearly, with correct spelling, grammar, syntax, and good organization, following APA guidelines.
For this assignment, refer to the “Family,” “Friendship, and Romance chapters in the Two Chairs section of the Turkle textbook, Reclaiming Conversation, and also conduct your own research on distracted parenting, as it relates to mobile devices and social media.
Evaluate your findings in a 35 page paper, addressing each of the questions below:
How has social media changed interpersonal communication?
Have mobile devices changed the manner in which parents are engaged with their children?
What are potential psychological and/or safety risks to children of distracted parents?
What are potential psychological consequences to children of distracted parents?
What are relevant emotional, cognitive, and/or neurological factors?
In your conclusion, formulate suggestions for individuals to mitigate potential risks and/or enhance benefits of the use of social media.
Written communication: Must be well-organized and clear, with correct spelling, grammar, and syntax, to support orderly exposition of content.
APA formatting: Must be formatted according to current APA style and formatting guidelines and include a title page and reference list.
Length: 35 typed and double-spaced pages of content, not including the title page and reference page, in Times New Roman, 12-point font.
- Determine which tag the patient will receive, ex: red, green, yellow, black of survival
- What strategy, or approach, would improve your collaborative practice in future projects?
- Discuss cardiovascular health problems among older adults.
- Through your ethnographic research you should have first-hand experience of this rather than more secondary research. Who you are interviewing?
- Develop a plan for recruitment, selection, and retention of employees.
- Explain the different aspects or types of this concept and/or how the term is related to other concepts.
- Response Plan for WMD Attack in Your Local Community.
- Describe Cultural Awareness/sensitivity in healthcare.
- Identify an area of technology that needs to be improved in your hospital, complete a gap analysis and present your findings with goals for improvement.
- Reflect on the relationship between the health policies and the top three health priorities outlined in the CHAP.