Social Media’s Effects on Personal Relationships
The grading criteria for this assignment are stated explicitly below. However, you may also want to read the scoring guide for the assignment to better understand the performance levels that relate to each criterion. Contact your instructor if you have any questions.
By successfully completing this assignment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assignment criteria:
Competency 1: Analyze communication processes.
Criterion: Analyze how social media has changed interpersonal communication.
Competency 3: Analyze the influence of social media on individuals and society.
Criterion: Evaluate potential risks associated with the use of social media.
Criterion: Evaluate psychological consequences related to the influence of social media on relationships and parenting.
Competency 4: Evaluate ethics in media communication.
Criterion: Analyze the ethical implications of social media and parenting.
Competency 5: Communicate effectively to diverse audiences in a variety of formats.
Criterion: Write clearly, with correct spelling, grammar, syntax, and good organization, following APA guidelines.
For this assignment, refer to the “Family,” “Friendship, and Romance chapters in the Two Chairs section of the Turkle textbook, Reclaiming Conversation, and also conduct your own research on distracted parenting, as it relates to mobile devices and social media.
Evaluate your findings in a 35 page paper, addressing each of the questions below:
How has social media changed interpersonal communication?
Have mobile devices changed the manner in which parents are engaged with their children?
What are potential psychological and/or safety risks to children of distracted parents?
What are potential psychological consequences to children of distracted parents?
What are relevant emotional, cognitive, and/or neurological factors?
In your conclusion, formulate suggestions for individuals to mitigate potential risks and/or enhance benefits of the use of social media.
Written communication: Must be well-organized and clear, with correct spelling, grammar, and syntax, to support orderly exposition of content.
APA formatting: Must be formatted according to current APA style and formatting guidelines and include a title page and reference list.
Length: 35 typed and double-spaced pages of content, not including the title page and reference page, in Times New Roman, 12-point font.
- Comparative Analysis of Bertolt Brecht’s ‘Mother Courage’ and Lynn Nottage’s ‘Ruined’ in Contemporary Theater Essay
- Top Strategies for Launching and Managing a Successful Lawn Mowing Business Essay
- Critical Analysis of Intimate Partner Violence’s Impact on Pregnancy and Mental Health Research Article Critique
- Enhancing Therapy for Autism, Cerebral Palsy, and More Essay
- The Power of Practical Benefits in Buddhism: A Path to Reduced Suffering and Enhanced Well-Being Essay
- In-Depth Analysis of Google Inc.’s Organizational Behavior Research
- The Impact of Social Media and Technology on Young Americans Essay
- Empowering Diversity: Overcoming Challenges and Personal Reflections Essay
- The Complexities of the Hong Kong-China Border: A Case for Hong Kong’s Independence Essay
- Exploring the Viability of Opening a Baby Store in Ronkonkoma, NY Research