Organizations have always struggled to improve performance. In the 1800s, Frederick Taylor’s Scientific Management theories laid the groundwork for early performance improvement and management. Even today, we struggle to maximize performance in the workplace. Review the article from this unit’s reading, “The Role of Feedback as a Management Tool in Performance Management Program.” Address the following scenario with a minimum of three key points made in the article.
Abdulrahman has been with your organization for two years in the capacity of a Finance Manager. Abdulraham’s manager is Malek, who is the Director of Accounting and Finance. Abdulrahman has witnessed Malek speaking negatively towards setting goals for the department, and for staff.
Malek feels performance management is a waste of time and thinks he should rather be spending his valuable time on producing financial statements and other reporting tools to help show areas where revenue could be increased for the organization. Abdulrahman is a great worker but does not understand what his day-to-day work-related responsibilities entail. Malek assigns tasks daily and expects those tasks to be completed by the time Abdulrahman clocks out each day, which leaves Abdulrahman with a sense of uncertainty in his performance. Furthermore, Abdulrahman feels that he lacks the necessary understanding of how his duties are linked to the organization’s mission, vision, and values. Finally, Abdulrahman doesn’t know how he will be assessed to determine if he deserves an annual raise.
Response Items to Address
To ensure Abdulrahman’s motivation and performance success, what steps must Malek take to ensure the connection of Abdulrahman’s duties to the organization’s mission, vision, and values?
How should Abdulraham address the lacking performance management process with Malek?
If you were implementing a new performance management system, what would it look like and how would it compare to the existing system?
As a current or future manager, how will you ensure your staff are never placed in Abdulrahman’s situation?
When thinking of future performance management components, focus on performance execution, performance assessment, and performance review. When thinking about Abdulrahman’s experience in the scenario, think about prerequisites and performance planning.
Embed course material concepts, principles, and theories (require supporting citations) in your initial response along with at least one scholarly, peer-reviewed journal article. Keep in mind that these scholarly references can be found in the Saudi Digital Library by conducting an advanced search specific to scholarly references. Use Saudi Electronic University academic writing standards and APA style guidelines.
Be sure to support your statements with logic and argument, citing all sources referenced. Post your initial response early and check back often to continue the discussion.
You are required to reply to at least two peer discussion question post answers to this weekly discussion question. These peer replies need to be substantial and constructive in nature. They should add to the content of the post and evaluate/analyze that post’s answer. Normal course dialogue doesn’t fulfill these two peer replies but is expected throughout the course. You are also required to address all questions posed on this discussion board prompt.
- Describe the various methods advertisers use to segment and aggregate markets.
- Discuss the prognosis for a child born who is afflicted with the developmental problem that you choose to talk about.
- Compare the importance of infrastuture on both country.
- Explain how Steinbeck uses the chrysanthemums as a symbol (perhaps both cultural and contextual?) that provides insight into Elisa.
- Explain if you plan to conduct a regression analysis or correlation or t-test, and the measurements you plan to use You will be utilizing descriptive analysis and using descriptive statistics within Data Analysis in Excel (mean, median, standard deviation analysis, minimum, maximum).
- What factors might promote or slow down brain development?
- Compare and contrast the various leadership styles and evaluate how such styles can impact employee performance.
- Write an example of Jewish or Early Christian Art, formally analyze the artistic developments based on the following: materials, composition, color, spatial qualities, etc.
- Explain how you would introduce this topic to catch the audience’s attention and keep them engaged in the presentation.
- Describe something you learned from the documentary and how that impacted you.