RESEARCH ESSAY: CIVIL AND ISLAMIC LEGAL TRADITIONS ASSIGNMENT
For this assignment, we analyze the Islamic legal tradition. This tradition has many different
interpretations in our world, but like most legal traditions it is unique in its history and traditions.
This tradition, referred to by our textbook author as the law of later revelation, has connections to
the other legal traditions you have already studied. Considering what we learned about the Civil
Law tradition last module; we will compare the two legal traditions. This assignment hones your
research and writing and sharpens your analytical skills by requiring you to identify similarities
between two legal traditions that seem vastly different.
Over the past two Modules: Weeks you have examined two different legal traditions: Civil and
Islamic. The Civil legal tradition focuses on the individual while Islamic legal tradition focuses
on the revelation. At first glance, these two systems may seem vastly different. However, there
are some similarities. In this essay, explain 3 areas where these two systems are similar. The
essay should be structured as follows:
Similarity #1 between the Civil legal tradition and the Islamic legal tradition.
Similarity #2 between the Civil legal tradition and the Islamic legal tradition.
Similarity #3 between the Civil legal tradition and the Islamic legal tradition.
Your essay must be 5–6 pages in current Bluebook format and contain at least 5 scholarly
sources in addition to/other than the course textbook and the Bible. Wikipedia does not count as
a scholarly source. Include headings for clear organization. Cover Pages will not count toward
the page total, and your citations should be in-text citations (not footnotes, endnotes, reference
Note: Your assignment will be checked for originality via the Turnitin plagiarism tool.
- The proposal: Exploting Sustainable Agriculture
- Discussion Post 4
- Analysis of the novel All The Light We Cannot See
- ANALYSE AND IDEATE A2: Individual Report (Jason 17/04/2023)
- Describe the implications of the proposed intervention to nursing education and practice.
- Written Response to Full-Class Reading/Viewing Assignment #2
- compare and contrast essay
- Medical Report Composition
- Find a post (or post a link to) a concept of Communication in Film (photo, short video, brief piece of writing, song, etc –that no one else in the class has posted to the blog yet) related to dealing with coronavirus. You may write about films, songs, etc dealing with isolation, exile, and illness. No two posts can be identical.
- Child Psychology