Week 2 Project
This week we will focus on Transformational Leadership.
For this assignment, you will research your advanced nursing practice role and summarize your findings in a 2-4 page paper (excluding the title page and references):
Define Transformational Leadership and as it relates to your identified leadership attributes that you possess or need to develop. The masters prepared nurse demonstrates leadership in the four domains: the profession of nursing, clinical practice arena, health policy arena, and systems level. The impact could be found in health promotion, disease prevention/management, quality improvement and/or within management of a health system. In order to complete this assignment, you will first complete an assessment about your leadership style. Choose one of the topics below and respond to the question asked. Assure your leadership style is evident in your response.
Cherry, K. (2016). What’s Your Leadership Style? Learn more about your strengths and weaknesses as a leader.
How to Become a Better Leader
Domains: health promotion, disease prevention, quality improvement and health systems
Health Promotion: Healthy People 2020 have identified Metabolic Syndrome as a major health concern. Sara, lives and works as an A/GNP in rural America. Several local faith organizations have asked if she can organize a Health Fair that will address health promotion, specifically DM. What AP roles, core competencies and support are needed to make this happen?
Disease Prevention: Obesity in school age children is a significant problem. Melissa, a former elementary school teacher, is a new CNL who has recently joined her state nursing association and is passionate about the 30% or more of the students being over-weight. The local nursing association is looking for a community project to address disease prevention. Melissa has approached the officers with her concern. What AP roles, core competencies and support are needed to make this happen?
Quality Improvement:Nancy, FNP, is the clinical director of a nurse managed health center that is connected to a School of Nursing. The centers staff members includes of all advance practice nurse providers, a nurse educator, a nursing informaticists, 2 RNs, and paraprofessional staff. The team wants to determine patient satisfaction and capture data on patient experiences both for QI and as a learning experience for students studying nursing. What AP roles, core competencies and support are needed to make this happen?
Health Systems: Daniel, a DNP prepared ED NP identified that patients seen in the ED for various reasons had undiagnosed HTN. He observed that the patients chief compliant was well addressed but the HTN was not. He has approached the hospital system about the problem and suggested an outpatient clinic adjacent to the ED to address the HTN and other coincidentally found problems. What AP roles, core competencies and support are needed to make this happen?
Support your responses with examples.
Cite any sources in APA format.
Submit your document to the Submissions Area by the due date assigned.
- Comparative Analysis of Bertolt Brecht’s ‘Mother Courage’ and Lynn Nottage’s ‘Ruined’ in Contemporary Theater Essay
- Top Strategies for Launching and Managing a Successful Lawn Mowing Business Essay
- Critical Analysis of Intimate Partner Violence’s Impact on Pregnancy and Mental Health Research Article Critique
- Enhancing Therapy for Autism, Cerebral Palsy, and More Essay
- The Power of Practical Benefits in Buddhism: A Path to Reduced Suffering and Enhanced Well-Being Essay
- In-Depth Analysis of Google Inc.’s Organizational Behavior Research
- The Impact of Social Media and Technology on Young Americans Essay
- Empowering Diversity: Overcoming Challenges and Personal Reflections Essay
- The Complexities of the Hong Kong-China Border: A Case for Hong Kong’s Independence Essay
- Exploring the Viability of Opening a Baby Store in Ronkonkoma, NY Research