Guided by the five-step decision-making process, students will write a two to three-page analytical paper that answers the two questions under What Would You do? and the end of Chapter Seven – Ethical Decisions in Software Development in the textbook (and posted below).
1A. Responsibility for an accident is rarely defined clearly and is often difficult to trace to one or two people or causes. In this fictitious case, it is clear that a large number of people share responsibility for the accident. Identify all the people you think were at least partially responsible for the death of Bart Matthews, and explain why you think so.
1B. Imagine that you are the leader of a task force assigned to correct the problems uncovered by this accident. Develop a list of the six most significant actions to take to avoid future problems.
For question “1B”, prioritize the list and also explain your rationale for the prioritized list.
APA Format is required for this paper.
The title page and reference list are not included in the page count. No abstract is needed.
Be advised to check all the fictitious articles covered under the Killer Robot table of contents.
- Write an article “Why there is a worldwide shortage of vanilla” by C.D. in The Economist.
- What were the most surprising things you learned from this article?
- Write a research essay explaining how one theme in the novel Parable of the Sower by Octavia Butler provides insight into or comments on our contemporary world.
- Write a book review of the insecure city: space, power, and mobility in Beirut.
- What is most important to you about a bank – swag/freebies, customer service, lowest/competitive rates, or ease of online access/app usage?
- Briefly describe other elements of the work(s): the form, the style of language, verisimilitude, and other elements we’ve discussed in class.
- Write a research paper on drug use among first generation college student.
- Explain why Recreational Marijuana Should Be Legal?
- Write a research paper on whether the healthcare should be a fundamental human right.
- Discuss some of the factors that lead to the acceptance of false beliefs as well as some of the factors that lead us to recognize and reject false beliefs.