EAD THE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY!
MISSING ANY OF THESE ITEMS WILL RESULT IN A DEDUCTION OF POINTS!
The student will answer one of three questions. As with all writing assignments, there needs to be a reference page, which won’t count towards the total number of required pages.
The selected question must be answered fully and supported by at least 8 resources, of which 5 must be scholarly resources. Understand that scholarly sources come from peer-reviewed articles. This paper must be written in the current APA format.
A suggestion would be to outline your paper first, developing the framework for what you are going to answer and where it will be located in your report. Also understand that as with any writing there must be a strong introduction that includes a thesis statement as to what you will be presenting in the paper, and a strong conclusion that highlights the important parts of what was presented. Paragraphs must contain at least 4-5 sentences.
Select one of the following questions to answer:
Define police discretion. Do you think police discretion is a necessary element of police work? Why or why not? What problems can you envision to giving police officers discretion in the performance of their duties?
Explain the concept of racial profiling. What arguments could be made to support the use of racial profiling by the police? Do you agree with these arguments? Why or why not? Are there situations in which the use of racial or characteristics may be appropriate when targeting a suspected offender? Explain your response.
Explain the concept of qualified immunity. Why do you think the Supreme Court supports this type of immunity? What are the advantages and disadvantages of giving police officers qualified immunity from civil lawsuits? Should police agencies also be given some form of immunity? Explain your response.
- What kind of uncertainty factors into this silence on the health consequences of heat?
- Explain how Washington Irving’s short stories, “The Legend of Sleepy Hollow” and “Rip Van Winkle” represent a literary example of romanticism in the way his fiction conveys a sense of nostalgia for an older, more pre-modern society.
- Write a research about the implication of a sleep deprived society.
- Write a justification stating whether you would recommend this article to inform professional practice.
- Discuss the financial and business motivations for a company to purchase, become a venture partner, or merge with a smaller company.
- What in particular struck you as insightful or new about global issues?
- Discuss about creative ways to Bridge the Gap between home and school to increase family engagement And Teacher partnership.
- What unites most anti–safe space stances is that they focus almost exclusively on safe spaces in the context of college campuses and free speech. Because of this, it’s easy to forget that the term “safe space” is actually quite broad and encompasses a variety of different meanings.
- Explain why Judith Ortiz-Cofer (“Myth of the Latin Woman”) and Victor (“Indian Education”) both live in-between two worlds?
- Write a about the discussion post on the difference between architecture and civil engineering.