Regionalism/Local Color: NAAL, Twain, 101-103; The Notorious
Jumping Frog, 104-108
Chopin, 441-442; Desirees Baby, 442-446.
Choose one author and discuss how he/she (Twain or Chopin) captures local color/regionalism in his/her writing in one of the short stories we read.
What aspects of the story specifically seem best to reflect an intimate knowledge of the region/customs in which the story is set?
How does the story’s setting in that particular region impact our understanding of the story? In other words, how/why is that specific place and time as a setting inherent to our interpretation/knowledge/appreciation of that story’s characters, events, etc.?
Note that you may need to do a bit of research to give yourself some context for place/time/author for this question. That’s okay; just please mention where you got any external information found beyond the book.
- Discuss about the initiatives and strategies carried out by urban management in Xiapu city to build social resilience to post-pandemic mental health issues by applying good governance principles.
- Discuss the underlying arguments behind Piotroski F-Score.
- Write a discussion paper on the risk of reopening school amid covid.
- . Research the work of Fiedler on contingency theory, and respond to the following questions: Communicate your understanding of contingency theory.
- Based on your instructor-approved topic in Module 1, draft a one-to-two sentences argumentative thesis statement. Write a full-sentence outline in outline format with at least three main arguments or support (see the arguments you included in your thesis statement).
- Write at least two solid paragraphs but more is recommended to get full credit.
- Consider how you will track the effectiveness of the budget, finance, and capital planning programs, including performance measures, revenue forecasting, estimation, and public awareness and interaction. To develop the plan, use any tool which can depict timelines and dependencies, including Google Sheet, Microsoft Project or PowerPoint, or Asana.
- What does it mean to experience a major shift in human nature?
- Explain and evaluate why authentic leadership is important to contingency theory.
- Consider how you will track the effectiveness of the budget, finance, and capital planning programs, including performance measures, revenue forecasting, estimation, and public awareness and interaction.