Choose 2 of the three following questions to answer in the space provided below:
1) There were several reasons that the agricultural economy in Europe, and especially in Western Europe, began producing larger surpluses in the early modern period (in particular in the 1600s and 1700s). First, explain the main reasons for the increased production of agricultural surplus and give examples to support your response. Then, briefly explain some of the consequences of this development (be sure to give and explain your examples).
2) Define Absolutism in your own words. What were the fundamental ideas of Absolutism? Explain these ideas. What were some of the most important examples of Absolutist policies in practice? Be sure to explain why these examples.
3) What basic assumptions developed during the Scientific Revolution about nature and about how we gain knowledge became underlying principles of Enlightenment? Be sure to explain these ideas/principles, and be sure to give and explain examples. Based upon these underlying principles, what sorts of institutions did Enlightenment thinkers criticize and why (give and explain examples).
Please use the book:
Western Civilizations: Their History and Their Culture, Brief Fourth Edition
Joshua Cole and Carol Symes
W. W. Norton & Company, Inc.
- Choose one of the following questions.
- Discuss the impacts of Physician-Assisted Suicide.
- How dose this reading to your experiences or the experiences of other individuals?
- List three types of goods that are classified as inventory.
- Discuss Diet related disease: high blood pressure.
- Discuss The differences of the Culture and Values between the United States and Spain.
- In “The Good Samaritan,” what steps did the Samaritan take to help the beaten man?
- Discuss African Americans in sports.
- Analyze the influence of cultural diversity when addressing global issues.
- Discuss Natural Language Processing for the Social Sciences.