At the very bottom, see the video tutorial on how to complete the assignment for extra help.
The Making History Local assignment is aimed at getting you to do a little bit of historical research on your own and to connect our course themes to the region in which we live (the West Coast). Here are the instructions:
Use a free digital database of historic newspaper articles to find one article from Oregon, California, or Washington Territory about the topic of the Fourteenth Amendment and its impact on Chinese immigrants’ rights from the period 1866 – 1875. Avoid choosing an article that is merely a summary of an event, especially if it is copied from an eastern newspaper. Focus instead on finding an article that gives AN OPINION on the matter of Chinese immigrants’ rights under the Fourteenth Amendment (For instance: Does the author oppose the Fourteenth Amendment and/or Chinese immigration? Does the author support Chinese immigrants gaining rights under the Fourteenth Amendment?)
Use one of the following databases to find your article:
Historic Oregon Newspapers
The California Digital Newspaper Collection
Washington Digital Newspapers
You can use search terms such as: Chinese immigrants, civil rights, or Fourteenth Amendment. You may, however, get better results by making your search terms more specific: Fourteenth Amendment Chinese; OR Chinese civil rights; OR Fourteenth Amendment Chinese immigration.
Narrow your search by limiting your results to the years 1866 to 1875. Make sure your article is from these years.
Look through several articles before choosing one. Your top hits may not be the best fit for this assignment. Make sure that your article expresses an opinion of some kind about Chinese immigrants and the Fourteenth Amendment.
Writing Your Post
Include the URL or a screenshot of your complete article in your discussion board post.
Include the name of the newspaper, the geographic location of the newspaper, and the date of the newspaper in which your article appears.
Finally, write a 500-word explanation and analysis of your article. Be sure to cover:
What is the article about? Discuss the main ideas, people, places, and events mentioned.
What is the author’s opinion about Chinese immigrants’ rights and the Fourteenth Amendment?
What information does this article give us about Americans’ views of equal civil rights for racial minorities during this period?
What did you learn about attitudes toward the Fourteenth Amendment on the West Coast by doing this exercise?
Put the word count at the bottom of your post. I recommend writing your post in MS Word, getting the word count from there, and then cutting and pasting into your discussion board post.
if the writer need anything， just ask
- What variation in the number and kind of aggression (e.g. physical, relational, manipulative, etc.) did you observe?
- Write a research paper outlining the five main purposes of case management.
- Write a research paper that examines root cause analysis and affinity diagrams.
- What questions do you have for your faculty member and course colleagues about publishing your research and the DTP Workshop?
- Write a research paper outlining the significance of observing both verbal and nonverbal cues in conversation.
- Write a research report addressing the question: Is metformin (intervention) a more effective way to manage type 2 diabetes in older people (population) than chlorpropamide (comparator)?
- Compose a study describing how to handle a challenge in a presentation.
- Write a research paper that examines the Intelligence Case Study “Colin Powell’s speech at the United Nations on February 5, 2003.”
- Write a research paper on the interactions and overlaps between leadership and communications.
- Write a research paper on the topic of student-centered learning facilitation.