For this discussion, please read the long essay by Deborah Brandt “Sponsors of Literacy.” Then I would like you to discuss what your definition of literacy is. Then discuss what Deborah Brandt’s definition of literacy is. I want you to particularly look at the quote on page 2 that states, “Sponsors, as I have come to think of them, are any agents, local or distant, concrete or abstract, who enable, support, teach, model as well as recruit, regulate, suppress or withhold literacy–and gain advantage by it in some way.” Then answer the questions below:
What is an example of a of sponsor of literacy in your life. In other words, what is an agent (people, institutions, schools, etc) that has enabled your literacy (or suppressed it) in some way?
Is this sponsor of literacy local or distant? Concrete or Abstract? Did the sponsor of literacy enable/support or suppress/withhold literacy from you?
- Examine how the artist of the second work captured the subject or story of the first.
- Write an essay discussing the Mockingbird.
- Write a persuasive and economical memo strictly according to the Assignment Instruction .
- Describe why is health assessment so important in the nursing profession?
- Identify the main rhetorical appeals the author uses to make the claims persuasive.
- Write a research article elucidating the social issue of gender inequality, with a focus on women’s rights. maltreatment of children Learning.
- Compose a research paper outlining the four stages of process optimisation.
- Write a research paper outlining the details of the call time business email research.
- Write a research paper that explains what the primary focus of biology is.
- Write 300 and It should begin with the words “Welcome, shareholders.