After reading chapter 18 and reading the linked YAWP readings, consider the following:
What is monopoly, and what were the primary arguments both for and against it?
What do you think Henry George means when he says of income inequality: “…these evils are not imposed by natural laws; that they spring solely from social mal-adjustments which ignore natural laws, and that in removing their cause we shall be giving an enormous impetus to progress.”?
How do William Graham Sumner and Andrew Carnegie differ on their responses to the extreme economic inequality of the late 1800s?
How does Carnegies version of civilization compare to yours?
Do you agree or disagree with Carnegies words: Neither the individual nor the race is improved by almsgiving (charity). Why?
What would Lucy Parsons’s response be to these men?
- Research and Support Material Worksheet
- Discuss and demonstrate professional demeanor in your writing and critical thought throughout your paper.
- Write a paper on Dystopia how food prices are going up.
- Explain how well you support your assertions, did you provide examples, how well did you contextualize the content, and how well did you employ ‘terms of art’.
- Discuss the major points made in the essay and evaluate whether you agree or disagree with the author’s overall conclusion.
- Write a research paper on recognize the relationship of criminal justice system components and processes with society and government.
- Write a research paper on the effects of child abuse within the family.
- Discuss the difference between homologues and analogues structures (including divergent and convergent evolution).
- Is a degree from an online college or university as legitimate as a degree from a brick-and-mortar university?
- Write history books covering any theme in US History from the colonial years through the late 1860s.