After reading chapter 18 and reading the linked YAWP readings, consider the following:
What is monopoly, and what were the primary arguments both for and against it?
What do you think Henry George means when he says of income inequality: “…these evils are not imposed by natural laws; that they spring solely from social mal-adjustments which ignore natural laws, and that in removing their cause we shall be giving an enormous impetus to progress.”?
How do William Graham Sumner and Andrew Carnegie differ on their responses to the extreme economic inequality of the late 1800s?
How does Carnegies version of civilization compare to yours?
Do you agree or disagree with Carnegies words: Neither the individual nor the race is improved by almsgiving (charity). Why?
What would Lucy Parsons’s response be to these men?
- The proposal: Exploting Sustainable Agriculture
- Discussion Post 4
- Analysis of the novel All The Light We Cannot See
- ANALYSE AND IDEATE A2: Individual Report (Jason 17/04/2023)
- Describe the implications of the proposed intervention to nursing education and practice.
- Written Response to Full-Class Reading/Viewing Assignment #2
- compare and contrast essay
- Medical Report Composition
- Find a post (or post a link to) a concept of Communication in Film (photo, short video, brief piece of writing, song, etc –that no one else in the class has posted to the blog yet) related to dealing with coronavirus. You may write about films, songs, etc dealing with isolation, exile, and illness. No two posts can be identical.
- Child Psychology