After reading chapter 18 and reading the linked YAWP readings, consider the following:
What is monopoly, and what were the primary arguments both for and against it?
What do you think Henry George means when he says of income inequality: “…these evils are not imposed by natural laws; that they spring solely from social mal-adjustments which ignore natural laws, and that in removing their cause we shall be giving an enormous impetus to progress.”?
How do William Graham Sumner and Andrew Carnegie differ on their responses to the extreme economic inequality of the late 1800s?
How does Carnegies version of civilization compare to yours?
Do you agree or disagree with Carnegies words: Neither the individual nor the race is improved by almsgiving (charity). Why?
What would Lucy Parsons’s response be to these men?
- What gender differences/similarities do we see in verbal messages? Throughout the text, gender differences are discussed in a wide variety of contexts. One researcher distinguishes three perspectives on gender differences in communication. Which pers
- Health systems management
- Utilitarianism essay on voluntary prostitution
- Rime of the ancient mariner
- Marine Biology Research Idea
- Difference between employee and general contractor
- Development Emotions History
- Week Three: ‘Killer Robot’ Paper
- International Food & Culture (The Mother Sauces)