After reading chapter 18 and reading the linked YAWP readings, consider the following:
What is monopoly, and what were the primary arguments both for and against it?
What do you think Henry George means when he says of income inequality: “…these evils are not imposed by natural laws; that they spring solely from social mal-adjustments which ignore natural laws, and that in removing their cause we shall be giving an enormous impetus to progress.”?
How do William Graham Sumner and Andrew Carnegie differ on their responses to the extreme economic inequality of the late 1800s?
How does Carnegies version of civilization compare to yours?
Do you agree or disagree with Carnegies words: Neither the individual nor the race is improved by almsgiving (charity). Why?
What would Lucy Parsons’s response be to these men?
- Write a Policy Research Report: Multiple regression.
- Determine which tag the patient will receive, ex: red, green, yellow, black of survival
- What strategy, or approach, would improve your collaborative practice in future projects?
- Discuss cardiovascular health problems among older adults.
- Through your ethnographic research you should have first-hand experience of this rather than more secondary research. Who you are interviewing?
- Develop a plan for recruitment, selection, and retention of employees.
- Explain the different aspects or types of this concept and/or how the term is related to other concepts.
- Response Plan for WMD Attack in Your Local Community.
- Describe Cultural Awareness/sensitivity in healthcare.
- Identify an area of technology that needs to be improved in your hospital, complete a gap analysis and present your findings with goals for improvement.