After reading chapter 18 and reading the linked YAWP readings, consider the following:
What is monopoly, and what were the primary arguments both for and against it?
What do you think Henry George means when he says of income inequality: “…these evils are not imposed by natural laws; that they spring solely from social mal-adjustments which ignore natural laws, and that in removing their cause we shall be giving an enormous impetus to progress.”?
How do William Graham Sumner and Andrew Carnegie differ on their responses to the extreme economic inequality of the late 1800s?
How does Carnegies version of civilization compare to yours?
Do you agree or disagree with Carnegies words: Neither the individual nor the race is improved by almsgiving (charity). Why?
What would Lucy Parsons’s response be to these men?
- Write a reflection based on the PowerPoint slides of Beth Corey and how it applies to early childhood education.
- What environmental pollutants cause the outbreaks?
- Explain how you would define Social Psychology from the sociological perspective?
- Does the United States have a crime “problem” compared to other advanced and industrialized nations?
- Explain How New Technologies Are Making an Impact on Businesses.
- What are arguments for or against investing time and resources into protecting languages from extinction?
- What are the steps in the budgeting process, and how would you describe each step in sequence?
- Explain in detail how pre-assessment data could help support or determine the two students’ needs.
- Describe how culture may affect help seeking behaviors and the experience of trauma for survivors?
- Explain How Social Media affects self esteem and body image in young women between 21-30.