CASE STUDY ( PRIMARY CARE)
A 47 year old male patient (A) presents your office c/o painful and bleeding defecation that started as couple of days ago. Pt also states that he noticed some intermittent pruritus on his back. Pt comes to your consultation accompanied by his male husband of 45 years old (Patient B), who suddenly states to you that he had noticed a painless “blister ” on his genital area, but he is not quite sure when it appeared .
Patient A: With no past or family relevant history and with no know allergies (NKA).
Patient B: With a PMH of seasonal allergic rhinitis and NKA. No other family or relevant history.
On complete physical examination of both patients your assessment reveals the following findings:
On Patient A; you noticed a visible anal fissure in the inferior region of the anal sphincter. Besides, you also noticed disseminated papules in the trunk and macules on palms and soles.
Patient B ; on examination you noticed a visible ulceration in the genital area, and patient denies any pain on palpation. On general assessment , no adenopathy noted or reported by patient B.
Since both patients are a marital couple, you proceed with serological testing for each patient (A&B). You suspect a Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD). On your verbal assessment, both patients (A&B) deny having or being treating in the past for STD’s in the past, to which you believe.
Patient A: Leukocytosis- Treponema (Positive)- Non-Treponema (Positive)-HIV(Negative)-Hepatitis (Negative).
Patient B: Treponema(Positive)- Non-Treponema(Negative)-HIV(Negative)- Hepatitis(Negative).
Please answer the following questions in APA format and include in – tex references.
1- What serological lab works would you order to obtain the above results?( Be specific with the lab names).
2- What is the diagnosis for Patient A?
3- What is the diagnosis for Patient B?
4- What would it be the differential diagnosis for Patient A and Patient B?( Be specific. Your diagnosis contains stages. Therefore, be specific on them).
5- How are you going to treat Patient A? ( be specific and include the time of the treatment).
6- How are you going to treat Patient B?(be specific and include the time of treatment).
7- What would be the possible cause of this infection if both patients did not have any sexual encounter outside their relationship in the last year? Again, you believe both patients did not have any sexual encounter outside their marital sexual relationship .
- The Crucial Role of Communication in Sports Teamwork Research
- Comparative Analysis of NFL Protests and Civil Rights Activism Research
- Navigating the Requirements and Trends in Intelligence and Security Employment Analysis
- The Bloods Gang: History, Symbols, and Impact on American Society Essay
- Balancing Social Influence and Evidence-Based Policies Essay
- Unveiling the Truth Behind Imaginative Stereotypes Research
- Analyzing the Disillusionment with the American Dream in Arthur Miller’s ‘Death of a Salesman Essay
- Exploring Themes of Resilience and Education in ‘The Children’s Blizzard’ by Melanie Benjamin Essay
- Diplomacy, Laissez-Faire Capitalism, and the ‘Empire of Liberty’ Research
- Exploring South Asian American Identity, Activism, and Media Representation in Contemporary Society Essay