b. Use 12 point type and double space your essay.
c. Write the review in formal academic English. There will be a late penalty of 5% (after the Mercy Date of 15 June). The essay will be a review of Catharine Parr Traills The Backwoods of Canada. (Please note that book titles are always italicized; also note the thar in Catharine.) This book, first published in London, England, in 1836, is not a novel! It is a series of letters from Mrs. Traill, the wife of an ex-British Army officer, who has immigrated to Canada from Scotland, to her mother in England. It is a narrative, it is an epistolary account, and perhaps even a journal, but it is not a novel, which is a work of fiction. You are to review the book from the point of view of a modern historian. This book is a primary source written by a person who lived at that time.
What does this book tell us of Canada in the 1830s?
What experiences does Mrs. Traill have?
What are her impressions of Lower Canada? Montreal? Upper Canada? The Bush country? The Canadians, French, English, and First Nations? Americans? Social classes? Recent British immigrants?
How does she change over the course of the book?
What advice does she give?
What can you see of a distinctly Canadian national character forming?
What parts of the book impress you the most? What did you learn from her account?
d. You must quote from the book at least twice and footnote your quotations using the Chicago Style. Your first footnote must be in full Chicago style including the page number, but then you should shorten the footnotes while always giving the page number. If you are using an e-book with no page numbers then use the letter or chapter numbers. Footnotes are also for ideas or paraphrases of the book as well as direct quotations. Do not use outside sources. All your footnotes should refer to Traills book. Put the footnote numbers after the periods at the ends of the sentences.
- Write a 1500-2000 word research proposal (approx. 5-8 pages) in which you will develop a research question based on the theoretical insights of one of the theorists we are learning about.
- Based on your interactions with the health care system, describe which model reflects the prevailing processes in your country.
- Work on a plan to advise an agency or organization or a community or a business on how to be more trauma-informed – and why it will be helpful. Think more deeply about how you can apply what we are covering in this introductory course into your own personal experience.
- Write an essay on “Putting Up with Hate is One Price of Free Speech” Make an argument either for or against “outrageous” speech being protected under the First Amendment. 1443358 4 hours ago Please write using simple words
- Write an essay reporting your efforts to find evidence of facilitative communicative acts in the recorded history of a group of people who worked on a project that eventually turned out to be highly successful. Describe and analyze 5 acts from the article by Raffi Khatchadourian, “We Know How You Feel,” that could be facilitative communicative acts that demonstrate why or how the team was successful.
- Prepare a planning sheet for Physical for toddlers, Teaching goal and Context area(whole child).
- Summarize seperately the following link into your own words.
- What is the claim related to globalization that you are choosing for your final paper?
- Demonstrate a critical awareness of research-based frameworks about learning
- Write a term paper discussing about cognitive maps as learning strategy.