Read the case study on pp. 118-120 of the textbook and answer the following questions: Why wasn’t eBay held liable for the infringing sales made by users? (HINT: Describe how the elements of the Inwood test apply to eBay’s actions).
As an online service provider, to whom to do you owe the greater duty? To your customer who wish to knowingly (i.e. without confusion) buy cheaper, imitation products? Or to unrelated businesses whose valuable intellectual property is being flagrantly violated on your site? Would you take precautions beyond what the law requires to reduce infringing sales?
Read the case study on pp. 164-166 of the textbook and answer the following questions: What duty should OSPs such as Amazon that host content uploaded by others owe to copyright holders? Should such OSPs be required to “police” their websites to detect and prevent copyright infringement? Books used: Book Title CyberLaw: Text and Cases, Author / Editor Gerald R. Ferrera
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of the practice of cross-licensing, including the repercussions for smaller businesses?
- What was the main argument the author was trying to make?
- Write about the song “We are the World” by U.S.A for Africa.
- Write a paper that explains what you mean when you talk about procedures.
- Write a paper outlining the causes of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Write the instrumental and expressive functions of each group next to the group ( The primary group is usually fairly small and is made up of individuals who generally engage face-to-face in long-term, emotionally significant ways.
- Compose a paper on the topic of play therapy sessions and conceptualizations of cases.
- Compose a research paper outlining the process of designing a drawing.
- Discuss the cultural influences and/or challenges of the Indigenous Peoples that you learned about in the module.
- Write a research paper outlining the seven historical periods of Africa.