Answer the following questions on a separate document. Explain how you reached the answer or show your work if a mathematical calculation is needed, or both. Submit your assignment using the assignment link.
1. Briefly explain the securitization process and include at least one reason why a bank would consider using this.
2. Briefly compare and contrast a collateralized mortgage obligation with a collateralized debt obligation.
3. Provide at least two reasons why the blame for the credit crisis is a challenge to assign to one particular group alone.
4. Provide at least one reason why the government felt compelled to pass the Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP). What is your conclusion regarding the effectiveness of this?
5. Briefly identify one key component of the Financial Reform Act and why you think it may or may not be effective.
6. Identify two reasons why an investor would prefer common stock to preferred stock.
7. What is book building and does it benefit investors or the issuing corporation, in your opinion?
8. What benefit do investors realize as a result of an extended trading session? What might be a downside to using this session?
9. You are a fund manager and are dissatisfied with one of the companies in your portfolio. You have decided shareholder activism is an appropriate strategy. Select one approach from the material to use and briefly note why you selected it.
10. Chatter Corporation issued the following quarterly dividends last year: $0.15, $0.17, $0.20, and $0.25. The current stock price is $24.59. What is the dividend yield for this stock using this information?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of the practice of cross-licensing, including the repercussions for smaller businesses?
- What was the main argument the author was trying to make?
- Write about the song “We are the World” by U.S.A for Africa.
- Write a paper that explains what you mean when you talk about procedures.
- Write a paper outlining the causes of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Write the instrumental and expressive functions of each group next to the group ( The primary group is usually fairly small and is made up of individuals who generally engage face-to-face in long-term, emotionally significant ways.
- Compose a paper on the topic of play therapy sessions and conceptualizations of cases.
- Compose a research paper outlining the process of designing a drawing.
- Discuss the cultural influences and/or challenges of the Indigenous Peoples that you learned about in the module.
- Write a research paper outlining the seven historical periods of Africa.