Case Study #2: Individual Submission
Three Core Functions of Public Health: Policy Development
Building on Strengths: A School-Based Mental Health Program
Policy development is the process of making decisions as to how to address societal problems. Assessment and research provide the evidence base for the development of policies that determine which practices to support, how resources should be allocated, and how efforts should be mobilized to achieve the defined policy goals.
In addition to research, which underlies all other essential services, 3 of the 10 essential public health services fall into the category of policy development. They include:
Informing, educating, and empowering people about health issues.
Mobilizing community partnerships to identify and solve health problems.
Developing policies and plans that support individual and community health efforts.
This case addresses the function of informing, educating, and empowering people about health issues, which is an essential precursor to informed policy development and implementation. This assignment is an individual submission. In 3-5 pages, please explore the following topic, and answer the question prompts provided below. Dont forget to consider the above-mentioned points regarding reflecting on case methods.
Question 1: What aspects of the Building on Strengths program are most important to preserve in light of impending funding cuts (i.e., training parents, cultural competence training for teachers, providing direct services, improving data collection and evaluation, focusing on partnership development, engaging in anti-stigma campaigns, etc.?). What is the rationale for this choice? What critical stakeholders should be involved in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of these program components? What additional information does the project director need in order to make this decision?
Question 2: What other sources of funding or strategic actions could the project director engage in to help sustain this school-based mental health project beyond the grant? What program elements are most important to continue, especially given the absence of a strong organizational infrastructure? What cultural and political challenges influence the existence and expansion of such a program?
Question 3: What other partners or advocates should the project director enlist for help? How could Building on Strengths utilize parents and community members more in the development and sustainability of its program? What barriers to engaging immigrant parents (both documented and undocumented) might they encounter, and how can they address these challenges?
- Write an analysis providing evidence and a rationale that a selected gap in practice is in fact the root of a business’s problem.
- Write a 1500-2000 word research proposal (approx. 5-8 pages) in which you will develop a research question based on the theoretical insights of one of the theorists we are learning about.
- Based on your interactions with the health care system, describe which model reflects the prevailing processes in your country.
- Work on a plan to advise an agency or organization or a community or a business on how to be more trauma-informed – and why it will be helpful. Think more deeply about how you can apply what we are covering in this introductory course into your own personal experience.
- Write an essay on “Putting Up with Hate is One Price of Free Speech” Make an argument either for or against “outrageous” speech being protected under the First Amendment. 1443358 4 hours ago Please write using simple words
- Write an essay reporting your efforts to find evidence of facilitative communicative acts in the recorded history of a group of people who worked on a project that eventually turned out to be highly successful. Describe and analyze 5 acts from the article by Raffi Khatchadourian, “We Know How You Feel,” that could be facilitative communicative acts that demonstrate why or how the team was successful.
- Prepare a planning sheet for Physical for toddlers, Teaching goal and Context area(whole child).
- Summarize seperately the following link into your own words.
- What is the claim related to globalization that you are choosing for your final paper?
- Demonstrate a critical awareness of research-based frameworks about learning