ASSIGNMENT: As you learned in this unit, a Rogerian argument is one that presents two sides of a debate and argues for a solution that will satisfy both sides. Given two articles presenting opposing sides of an issue (mandatory uniforms in schools), construct your own 2-3 page Rogerian argument essay in which you attempt to arrive at a workable solution or “middle ground.”
In order to foster learning and growth, all essays you submit must be newly written specifically for this course. Any recycled work will be sent back with a 0, and you will be given one attempt to redo the Touchstone.
A. Assignment Guidelines
DIRECTIONS: Refer to the list below throughout the writing process. Do not submit your Touchstone until it meets these guidelines.
1. Summary of Positions
Have you briefly introduced the author and publication context (year, journal, etc.) of Article 1?
Have you included a summary of the stance presented in Article 1?
Have you briefly introduced the author and publication context (year, journal, etc.) of Article 2?
Have you included a summary of the stance presented Article 2?
Does you claim address both sides of the issue, including specific points raised in the articles?
Does your claim present a clear, workable solution that could be viewed as a “middle ground” between the two sides?
Have you backed up your claim using facts from both sides of the argument?
When using direct quotations, have you supplemented them with your own explanation of their relevance?
Have you answered all reflection questions thoughtfully and included insights, observations, and/or examples in all responses?
Are your answers included on a separate page below the main assignment?
DIRECTIONS: Below your assignment, include answers to all of the following reflection questions.
How does the Rogerian model of argument help you better understand the topic thats being discussed? Why is it a good practice to acknowledge both sides of the argument? (3-4 sentences)
Will you use the Rogerian Approach in your own argumentative essay? Why or why not? (2-3 sentences)
The following requirements must be met for your submission to be graded:
Composition must be 2-3 pages (approximately 500-750 words).
Double-space the composition and use one-inch margins.
Use a readable 12-point font.
All writing must be appropriate for an academic context.
Composition must be original and written for this assignment.
Plagiarism of any kind is strictly prohibited.
Submission must include your name, the name of the course, the date, and the title of your composition.
Include all of the assignment components in a single file.
Acceptable file formats include .doc and .docx.
- Explain how and what terrorist’s organizations are using the media and trends in social media. What are the terrorist’s goals?
- Understanding The New Testament
- Explain how different kinds of evidence in DD102 may be used to support the claim that identities intersect to produce inequalities.
- MBA Finance – Assignment
- Discourse and Problem Solving Role Play Discussion Topic
- Consider what else you might like to know about the concept that is not measured by the questionnaire you identified. Construct a short questionnaire with at least five items including a combination of closed and open items following the Steps in Constructing a Questionnaire. Make sure that your questionnaire follows the principles of good questionnaire construction. Create a post in which you provide the information about the questionnaire you located and the questionnaire you designed.
- Credit Report (BNF)
- Disscussion Work
- Stock Market Project
- Discuss the benefits of being hypervigilant in a deployed atmosphere versus the concern for the same hypervigilance at home. Additionally, explain why Service member aggression coupled with combat skills tend to make civilians uneasy.