A Subject Proposal, also referred to as a Topic Proposal, is an essay in which you will propose a topic you wish to write about for your professor and peers. A Topic/Subject Proposal is a common type of essay that is used in many different disciplines at the beginning of a research project. The main goal of a topic/subject proposal is to create a game plan for an essay. For this assignment, you will write an essay that develops your proposed ethnographic inquiry into a research project proposal. The goal of the Proposal is to explore possibilities and generate questions, reflecting on why you want to research this particular community, what you already know about it, what line of questioning you might pursue, what you hope to discover, and why it is important to for the rest of us to pay attention to what you hope to discover in your upcoming research.
You also want to convince your classmates and me (your teacher) that your ethnographic inquiry project:
• Is interesting,
• Is substantive and worth pursuing,
• Has complexity,
• Has a path for your primary research
As you know from our class discussions and syllabus, your ethnographic inquiry research must involve an online/virtual or in-person community that you have access to in some way during this semester. As with all inquiry research, we are not going to start with a hypothesis about what you think you will find. Instead we are going to start with an exploration of the assumptions you have (an understanding of where you are coming from) and the kinds of QUESTIONS you think you can explore about people, society, and culture in relation to your primary research in this community.
- Describe the various methods advertisers use to segment and aggregate markets.
- Discuss the prognosis for a child born who is afflicted with the developmental problem that you choose to talk about.
- Compare the importance of infrastuture on both country.
- Explain how Steinbeck uses the chrysanthemums as a symbol (perhaps both cultural and contextual?) that provides insight into Elisa.
- Explain if you plan to conduct a regression analysis or correlation or t-test, and the measurements you plan to use You will be utilizing descriptive analysis and using descriptive statistics within Data Analysis in Excel (mean, median, standard deviation analysis, minimum, maximum).
- What factors might promote or slow down brain development?
- Compare and contrast the various leadership styles and evaluate how such styles can impact employee performance.
- Write an example of Jewish or Early Christian Art, formally analyze the artistic developments based on the following: materials, composition, color, spatial qualities, etc.
- Explain how you would introduce this topic to catch the audience’s attention and keep them engaged in the presentation.
- Describe something you learned from the documentary and how that impacted you.