Information about a healthcare-related phenomenon (i.e. when to talk to a person about ending treatment for a terminal illness, non-compliance of diet for individuals with congestive heart failure)
Create an 8-12 slide PowerPoint Presentation that includes the following:
1. Introduction: slide should identify concepts to be addressed and sections of the presentation. Include speakers notes that explain, in more detail, what will be covered.
2. Evidence-based projects: slide should explain the general importance of master’s-prepared nurses engaging in evidence-based projects related to nursing practice and profession. Provide speakers notes with additional detail and support from at least one outside scholarly source (not the textbook or course lesson).
3. Conceptual Model: slide should provide an illustration of a conceptual model that could be used to develop an evidence-based project. Possible models include The John’s Hopkins or Advancing Research and Clinical Practice through Close Collaboration (ARCC) Models or you may select another model you find in the literature. In the speakers notes, explain how the model would be applied to the development of an evidence-based project. Provide support from at least one outside scholarly source (not the textbook or course lesson).
4. Area of Interest: identify an area of interest related to NP practice in which a practice change may be needed. Slide should identify the area of interest and what is currently known on the topic. Speakers notes more fully explain what is currently known and should provide rationale for why the area of interest is important to NP practice. Provide support from at least one outside scholarly source (not the textbook or course lesson).
5. Issue/concern and recommendation for change: slide should identify a specific concern related to your general area of interest and your recommendation for a practice change. Speakers notes should more fully explain the recommended change and rationale for the change. Recommendation should be supported by at least one outside scholarly source (not the textbook or course lesson).
6. Factors Influencing Change: slide should identify at least 2 internal and external factors that could impact your ability to implement your recommended change. Speakers notes should more fully explain how the factors youve identified would support or impede the implementation of your recommendations. Factors may be based on personal experience or on information you found in your research. If the identified factors come from the literature, provide reference citations to support your ideas.
7. NONPF Competencies: slide identifies at least two NONPF Competencies that are relevant to an evidence-based project related to your area of interest. Speakers notes should explain how the competencies relate to your area of interest. Provide support from at least one outside scholarly source (not the textbook or course lesson).
8. Conclusion: slide provides summary points of presentation. Speakers notes provide final comments on the topic.
Be sure to provide speaker’s notes for all slides except the title and reference slides.
1. Application: Use Microsoft Power Point to create the PowerPoint presentation.
2. Length: The PowerPoint presentation must be8-12 total slides(excluding title and reference slides).
3. Speaker notes are used and include in-text citations when applicable.
4. A minimum offour (4)scholarly literature references must be used.
5. Submission: Submit your file: Last name_First initial_Wk6Assessment_Area of Interest.
- Write an article “Why there is a worldwide shortage of vanilla” by C.D. in The Economist.
- What were the most surprising things you learned from this article?
- Write a research essay explaining how one theme in the novel Parable of the Sower by Octavia Butler provides insight into or comments on our contemporary world.
- Write a book review of the insecure city: space, power, and mobility in Beirut.
- What is most important to you about a bank – swag/freebies, customer service, lowest/competitive rates, or ease of online access/app usage?
- Briefly describe other elements of the work(s): the form, the style of language, verisimilitude, and other elements we’ve discussed in class.
- Write a research paper on drug use among first generation college student.
- Explain why Recreational Marijuana Should Be Legal?
- Write a research paper on whether the healthcare should be a fundamental human right.
- Discuss some of the factors that lead to the acceptance of false beliefs as well as some of the factors that lead us to recognize and reject false beliefs.