For this assignment you will invent a new business. This is a new start – up venture, not an existing one or one that is expanding. Do not use a business created in a previous class. You may not use papers (or any part of a paper) submitted in another class. Make up the business, the location, the client base, and the product or service. Do not use any real company. You may review a real company’s website for ideas, but the basis of this paper should be your own ideas. Your opening sentence should begin with something like this: “The new business venture that I will evaluate is ……………..” Expect that your business will be opened in this coming year, not one that opened 10 years ago. Your introduction should include a description of your company and any details that are important to the reader. The description of your company should be a couple paragraphs with a summary of the business. The other details can be discussed when you are reviewing each of the SWOT elements. The final goal of this paper is to prepare a SWOT analysis of your new venture company. Make sure you have at least two other sources (other than the text) to supplement your work.
After developing your new venture and describing it thoroughly in the beginning of your paper, provide a thorough SWOT analysis. Make sure you have included the actual SWOT analysis quad chart (embedded within your paper) listing the strengths, weaknesses, threats, and opportunities. You can use your own chart, but your paper should include a simple SWOT chart with the four segments. Then, you must discuss each segment thoroughly and explain what you have learned from performing your analysis.
So, your paper should include a title page and a reference page (no abstract is required):
1 – a description of your new venture (have a clear introduction)
2 – include a simple quad chart with the four basic quadrants embedded in your paper
3 – a thorough explanation of what you have learned from the analysis, further defining the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats
4. be sure to include monetary information. You can’t evaluate a new start up for a beauty salon if you don’t include the costs to start up. How many hair cuts would you have to provide customers before you break even each month (of course you can estimate costs). For instance, you have to purchase equipment (dryers, chairs, etc) and you have to rent space (or buy space). What is the monthly rent or mortgage payment and how easily will that be earned each month. Include all other costs also (payroll, supplies, advertising, etc). Where will the start up money come from?
5 – an evaluation – based on what you have learned, will you continue your business venture? Be sure to answer that questicixon at the close of your paper.
- Comparative Analysis of Bertolt Brecht’s ‘Mother Courage’ and Lynn Nottage’s ‘Ruined’ in Contemporary Theater Essay
- Top Strategies for Launching and Managing a Successful Lawn Mowing Business Essay
- Critical Analysis of Intimate Partner Violence’s Impact on Pregnancy and Mental Health Research Article Critique
- Enhancing Therapy for Autism, Cerebral Palsy, and More Essay
- The Power of Practical Benefits in Buddhism: A Path to Reduced Suffering and Enhanced Well-Being Essay
- In-Depth Analysis of Google Inc.’s Organizational Behavior Research
- The Impact of Social Media and Technology on Young Americans Essay
- Empowering Diversity: Overcoming Challenges and Personal Reflections Essay
- The Complexities of the Hong Kong-China Border: A Case for Hong Kong’s Independence Essay
- Exploring the Viability of Opening a Baby Store in Ronkonkoma, NY Research