The Spirit of Motivational Interviewing
There is an old adage that practice makes perfect, which is particularly relevant to learning a new set of skills like those associated with motivational interveiewing.
The spirit of motivational interviewing is a heart set and mindset that encompasses four elements that are crucial for building a relationship with a dervice user; partnership, acceptance, compassion. and evocation (Miller&Rollnick, 2013)
To prepare for this assignement
Review the learning resources of the spirit of motivational interviewing
Review the document entitled, “Rating Samples for MI Spirit.” Consider whether each of the exchanges is consistent with the spirt of
motivational interviewing. Why , or why not?
I need to submit a 2-3 page that addressess the following:
Explain whether exchange in the “Rating Samples for MI Spirit socument is consistent with the spirit of motivational interviewing. Why or why
not? Be specific
In instances where you do not believe that the exchange is consistent with the spirt of motivational interviewing, explain how the practitioner
could have responded to be consistent with the spirit of motivational interviewing. Again, be specific.
Paper on the Spirit of Motivational Interviewing
Miller, W.R., & Rollnick, S. (2013). Motivational intervewing: Helping people change (3rd ed.) The Guilford Press.
Chapter 2 The Spirit of Motivational Interviewing pp 14-24
Chapter 3 The Method of Motivational Interveiwing pp 25-36
Chapter 4 Engagement and Disengagement pp 39-47
Chapter 11 Exchanging Information pp 131-156
And other articles I will include with these instruction
- Write an analysis providing evidence and a rationale that a selected gap in practice is in fact the root of a business’s problem.
- Write a 1500-2000 word research proposal (approx. 5-8 pages) in which you will develop a research question based on the theoretical insights of one of the theorists we are learning about.
- Based on your interactions with the health care system, describe which model reflects the prevailing processes in your country.
- Work on a plan to advise an agency or organization or a community or a business on how to be more trauma-informed – and why it will be helpful. Think more deeply about how you can apply what we are covering in this introductory course into your own personal experience.
- Write an essay on “Putting Up with Hate is One Price of Free Speech” Make an argument either for or against “outrageous” speech being protected under the First Amendment. 1443358 4 hours ago Please write using simple words
- Write an essay reporting your efforts to find evidence of facilitative communicative acts in the recorded history of a group of people who worked on a project that eventually turned out to be highly successful. Describe and analyze 5 acts from the article by Raffi Khatchadourian, “We Know How You Feel,” that could be facilitative communicative acts that demonstrate why or how the team was successful.
- Prepare a planning sheet for Physical for toddlers, Teaching goal and Context area(whole child).
- Summarize seperately the following link into your own words.
- What is the claim related to globalization that you are choosing for your final paper?
- Demonstrate a critical awareness of research-based frameworks about learning