Explain the key features of an academic research essay
Recognize and use ethos, pathos, and logos, the basic persuasive appeals, in your essays
Develop your ideas using the AXES paragraph structure
Correctly format an academic research essay
Administration for Children & Families (Children’s Bureau). “Number of Children in Foster Care in The United States in 2021, by Placement Settings.” Statista, Statista Inc., 28 Jun 2022, https://www-statista-com.sinclair.ohionet.org/statistics/255391/number-of-children-in-foster-care-in-the-united-states-by-placement-settings/?locale=en Accessed 6 Mar. 2023.
“Foster Care with the Mockingbird Program.” Films On Demand, Films Media Group, 2021, https://fod.infobase.com/PortalPlaylists.aspx?wID=19259&xtid=276278.Accessed 8 Mar. 2023.
Gish, Clay. “Rescuing The ‘Waifs’ And Strays’ Of The City: The Western Emigration Program Of The Children’s Aid SOCIETY.” Journal of Social History, vol. 33, no. 1, fall 1999, p. 121. Gale In Context: Opposing Viewpoints, https://link.gale.com/apps/doc/A56027320/OVIC?u=dayt30401&sid=bookmark-OVIC&xid=b0e551e8 Accessed 11 Mar. 2023.
Leloux-Opmeer, Harmke, et al. “Characteristics of Children in Foster Care, Family-Style Group Care, and Residential Care: A Scoping Review.” Journal of Child & Family Studies, vol. 25, no. 8, Aug. 2016, pp. 2357–71. EBSCOhost, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10826-016-0418-5. Accessed 9 Mar. 2023.
Mallon, Gerald P. “From the Editor: The Sting of Homelessness among Youth Exiting the Foster Care System.” Child Welfare, vol. 99, no. 1, Jan. 2021, pp. v–vii. EBSCOhost, search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=a9h&AN=151243709&site=ehost-live. http://sinclair.ohionet.org:80/login?url=https://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=a9h&AN=151243709&site=ehost-live Accessed 11 Mar. 2023.
Osei, Gershon, et al. “Delinquency and Crime Prevention: Overview of Research Comparing Treatment Foster Care and Group Care.” Child & Youth Care Forum, vol. 45, no. 1, Feb. 2016, pp. 33–46. EBSCOhost, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10566-015-9315-0. Accessed 8 Mar. 2023.
Pollack, Daniel. “Child elopement from foster care and residential settings.” Policy & Practice, vol. 68, no. 6, Dec. 2010, p. 13. Gale In Context: Opposing Viewpoints, link.gale.com/apps/doc/A259004230/OVIC?u=dayt30401&sid=bookmark-OVIC&xid=0a457384. Accessed 7 Mar. 2023. https://link.gale.com/apps/doc/A259004230/OVIC?u=dayt30401&sid=bookmark-OVIC&xid=0a457384
Stoltzfus, Emilie. “Child Welfare: Purposes, Federal Programs, and Funding.” Congressional Research Service Informing the Legislative Debate since 1914, Congressional Research Service (CRS), 13 Jan. 2023, https://sgp.fas.org/crs/misc/IF10590.pdf. Accessed 7 Mar. 2023.
- Write a review with updates based on the paper’s rubrics and comments.
- Briefly describe what type of healthcare inequity was depicted in the video.
- Discuss the Washington’s’ Relentless Pursuit of Their Runaway Slave, Ona Judge.
- Write a research paper on a country that has a negative political atmosphere.
- To what extent did Roman rule change the civic institutions and administration of the cities of the Greek East?
- Are you impressed by the use of celebrities in product advertisements?
- Discuss and demonstrate how classes provide a blueprint for the objects of the class.
- Write a research paper about the COVID-19 virus’s effects.
- What issues existed concerning immigration in the US in the late-19thand early-20th centuries?
- Write a comparative essay is adopted from the work of Vicki Visis and Jerry Plotnick from the University of Toronto.