Read the article from the Art Institute of Chicago on Art and Activism: https://www.artic.edu/highlights/28/art-activism in order to understand how artists have used their art to critique, challenge and even change societies across the world.
Choose one of the questions posed in the above article to explore in your final project. For your final project, you may choose your own project, any format, any genre. You must include an artistic statement (at least 200 words) should include your discussion of these terms as well as what your message to the world is in your project. Some suggested creative projects that you can create (chose ONE): –a photograph –a painting –a drawing –a meal (try cooking a meal from your cultural heritage and/or the UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage listing). Document this through photo essay and/or filming. –a video or film –a sculpture –a poster (digital or print) –an architectural design based on the UNESCO World Heritage sites –a textile piece (fashion or home design) –cosmetics (nail art, makeup, hair). Document through photo essay and/or film.
- Choose one of the following questions.
- Discuss the impacts of Physician-Assisted Suicide.
- How dose this reading to your experiences or the experiences of other individuals?
- List three types of goods that are classified as inventory.
- Discuss Diet related disease: high blood pressure.
- Discuss The differences of the Culture and Values between the United States and Spain.
- In “The Good Samaritan,” what steps did the Samaritan take to help the beaten man?
- Discuss African Americans in sports.
- Analyze the influence of cultural diversity when addressing global issues.
- Discuss Natural Language Processing for the Social Sciences.