Role of Theoretical Knowledge in Practice at All Levels
Healy (2014) discusses the relationship between discourse and practice by noting that “truth claims” have shaped our notions of practice. Truth claims are assertions that the system holds to be true and shape our understanding of service users’ needs but may not always be true. Address the following: What are some of the truth claims that apply to the groups of people with whom you work with Severe Substance Addiction? How do those truth claims change based on the level at which you practice (micro, mezzo, or macro)? Has this helped or hurt the client group with which you interact? How might your readings on discourse and theoretical orientations influence the continued development of your leadership qualities? Reading Resources Healy, K. (2014). Social work theories in context: Creating frameworks for practice (2nd ed.). Red Globe Press. Chapter 1, “Understanding our Context,” pages 1–11. Refer to the following resource: Week 1: Reclaiming a Theoretical Orientation to Reflection in Medical Education Research: A Critical Narrative Review Links to an external site.. Please provide hanging indent on your references and spell out numbers under 10 when used in a sentence and do not forget to italicize all references as per APA guidelines.
- Choose one of the following questions.
- Discuss the impacts of Physician-Assisted Suicide.
- How dose this reading to your experiences or the experiences of other individuals?
- List three types of goods that are classified as inventory.
- Discuss Diet related disease: high blood pressure.
- Discuss The differences of the Culture and Values between the United States and Spain.
- In “The Good Samaritan,” what steps did the Samaritan take to help the beaten man?
- Discuss African Americans in sports.
- Analyze the influence of cultural diversity when addressing global issues.
- Discuss Natural Language Processing for the Social Sciences.